efimage

New Graphtec CE6000-60 lifting some corners.

The CE6000-60  is only about 3 weeks old and I just noticed this problem today.  I also just started playing around with VinylMaster Pro a few days ago also.

I first noticed it using VMP’s built in registration marks which are 2 diamonds crossed with the cut lines intersecting.  It seems as though all the corners pointing in the same direction are lifted. I also noticed the issue when I was cutting some text also today. I readjusted the blade, force and slowed the cutter down and I was able to clear up the issue with the text but no matter what setting the registration marks still get lifted

I followed all the tips on here about setting the blade depth and I am fairly certain it is set correct I might actually have it set too light because I am now having some weeding issues.

I am currently using Oracal 651 and as of my last test I was at

Force -12
Speed-5
The cutting strip looks good also

I never used a vinyl cutter until 3 weeks ago so there might be a setting I am missing or just plan doing something wrong.

Any suggestions what to try next. I spent the last few hours trying different settings, blade depths etc. The thing is it is really only happening with VMP's built in reregistration marks but it is bothering me that it is not cutting correctly. It is probably my OCD :mellow:

Could it be VinylMaster Pro. ? 

post-86774-0-57708800-1404103190_thumb.j

I got up early this morning to play around with the cutter before I headed to work .I recreated everything I was having issues with in in Vinylmaster Ppro and ran them from Graphtec Studio. No issues.  I increased the speed and force to where I was before and no issues.I still need to adjust the blade out a little because it is not weeding as easy at it was last week but it seems my problems are related to the software and not the cutter.

Just performed a test with VinylMaster Pro and got similar (though, not as pronounced)  results.

The foto shows the corners of the registration marks that were first out of the cutter

have a very slight, less than perfect, quality.

Could have something to do with the speed at which the software

moves from that corner (the end of the cut) to the next object ?

Or, perhaps the registration mark file the software uses has a badly placed node?

Don't think it will cause me any problems though... but then, I'm not OCD :)

post-43059-0-58579000-1404222830_thumb.p

• Like 1

Hey skarekrow thanks for the confirmation that’s it not the cutter.   Also a lot of your older posts really helped me out with my blade set up on the Graphtec So thanks again I really appreciate it. ;D

So far I have been just placing triangles on my files for aligning the layers. I wish VMP would let you pick the shape of their automatic registration marks but the only adjustments are length and width.

Happy 2 Oblige and "Yes" there are a few things with Vm Pro I would like to see adjusted.

It's proving to be a really good program but other features from other software are so ingrained

it's easy to want to have them incorporated into one do-all program.

It's got some really outstanding features and a couple, less-than -wonderful ones.

Overall, still, very happy with the purchase...

The CE6000-60  is only about 3 weeks old and I just noticed this problem today.  I also just started playing around with VinylMaster Pro a few days ago also.

I first noticed it using VMP’s built in registration marks which are 2 diamonds crossed with the cut lines intersecting.  It seems as though all the corners pointing in the same direction are lifted. I also noticed the issue when I was cutting some text also today. I readjusted the blade, force and slowed the cutter down and I was able to clear up the issue with the text but no matter what setting the registration marks still get lifted

I followed all the tips on here about setting the blade depth and I am fairly certain it is set correct I might actually have it set too light because I am now having some weeding issues.

I am currently using Oracal 651 and as of my last test I was at

Force -12

Speed-5

The cutting strip looks good also

I never used a vinyl cutter until 3 weeks ago so there might be a setting I am missing or just plan doing something wrong.

Any suggestions what to try next. I spent the last few hours trying different settings, blade depths etc. The thing is it is really only happening with VMP's built in reregistration marks but it is bothering me that it is not cutting correctly. It is probably my OCD :mellow:

Could it be VinylMaster Pro. ? 

Out of the box these are my settings and I cut both Oracal 651 and ThermoFlex without changing anything.

post-5398-0-38705100-1404183234_thumb.pn