Sign in to follow this  
mailman

Graphtec ce 5000 / Cutting Master 3

My last few jobs are cutting from the rear of design to front, I hope I can explain this right. I am cutting a design that is 35" I set the origin to begin cutting at the lower right hand corner, but the vinyl feeds the length of job and begins to cut pulling the vinyl back through. I am using Cutting Master 3. Thanks, Mark

Is it not cutting the design correctly or what.?  I don't understand.  Most designs start cutting where the design was first created   I make very large designs, and  when starting cutting the vinyl may advance 4 feet on a 8 ft design before it starts cutting,  and goes on to finish the job like normal  Others may advance 6 ft before starting cutting. But it comes back to the front to finish the whole design...    Maybe more info from you. 

Thanks Mz. SKEETER,  the job is cutting fine, I thought the cut would begin at the origin point, bottom right if I sat that as the origin point and feed as it cut, I guess things are OK. Thanks again, Mark

That is your origin.  BUT it doesn't start cutting there.  It is just your starting point measuring your design.   Then when done goes back to the starting point.  If advanced after plot, then behind the design...it will stop.   I have never had anything ever start at the corner.  It starts cutting where the design was first created..  Maybe a plain stripe might,  just a simple rectangle.   But some software has Optimize cutting order  and you can control sections being cut before advancing to the next section all the way to the end of the design..    I can do that with Panel sections, in Flexistarter.  Probably in Cutting Master also.. But I would not do it with any detailed design..   It does not cut across the panels,,  just cuts everything in the first panel, then advances to next panel, all the way to the end of the design.. Easy way to get straight stripes over a long length with out going the whole distance and back...It is just advancing all the way to the end.

Your welcome...

• Like 1