ThermoPuke

Blade offset problems

There's no rhyme or reason to some of it... boils down to what works best for you  ;D

OK. Here are some plots and the File they were plotted from, it shows the incomplete cuts circled in green (Some are hard to see in the plot), and difference in size circled in blue.

The top plot was done in SB with a cutter offset of "0", Cutting direction of counter clockwise

The bottom plot was done in SB with a cutter offset of "0", Cutting direction of clockwise.

post-784-1298651749997_thumb.jpg

post-784-12986517500917_thumb.jpg

bflies_001.eps

post-784-12986517516439_thumb.jpg

post-784-12986517517107_thumb.jpg

bflies_001.eps

I would assume something is loose on the carriage arm or carriage itself, or possibly the feed rollers. Have you checked both?

Ken

I just checked every thing I can lay my hands on, every thing is tight. The only thing is the drive belt for the feed rollers may have a little to much play in it. If you pinck one side of the belt between the two gears and move it in and out there is about 1/2 inch movement. Ithink this to much. There is no way to adjust it, can't see if you can move the drive motor to tighten it, with out more disassembly, What do you think.

BigMac

Ken

I just checked every thing I can lay my hands on, every thing is tight. The only thing is the drive belt for the feed rollers may have a little to much play in it. If you pinck one side of the belt between the two gears and move it in and out there is about 1/2 inch movement. Ithink this to much. There is no way to adjust it, can't see if you can move the drive motor to tighten it, with out more disassembly, What do you think.

BigMac

if you remove the belt, you can access the alan screws and use an alan wrench to tighten it up. Your box of goodies should have included an alan wrench.

The screw under the end is for adjusting the tension for the carrriage not the feed rollers. Ken its not the gears that loose its the belt its self , to much play in the belt .

Bigmac

I think I found the answer to my problem with the edges being cut off.  It isn't the cutter's fault.  It's the stupid SignBlazer program.  I looked more closely at the lines the program plots when it sends the job to the cutter.  On most of the edges that are being cut off, the program is not creating a blade offset path for the corner.

pcutproblem4.jpg

I sent a bug report to Sign Blazer a few months ago.  About couple weeks after I sent it, they responded that the demo file could not be accessed (I forgot to put it on my server).  So... I know they at least got the message.  It has been a month or two since I got that message, fixed the problem, and told them the file was now available.  So... am still wondering if they are trying to fix the issue.  I got so annoyed I actually made manual offsets in my design to fix some of the problems.  If I tell it to cut say 20 of the design, it sometimes plots the offset for the manual offset so I have to cut it off with a knife which isn't a big deal.  But each new design needs to be adjusted which is a big deal.

Has anyone else noticed the problem with smaller designs?

Well... as unbelievable as it sounds, the founder of Sign Blazer Elements died and the company died with him.  So the issue will never get resolved.  I tried SignCut x2.  One word: HORRIBLE :thumbsup: The cuts never lined up and the design looked funky, almost as if I had the speed turned up to 80 trying to cut a small design.  The only other option I can see is Flexi, but I don't want to spend $100 just to find out it's as bad as SignCut.

I also noticed my cutter walks a little after I cut a 15"x22" square recently.  The cut was off by almost 1mm.  I guess you get what you paid for.  Not that bad of a cutter though for the price.  I just wish I could find software that cuts accurately.

I'm looking at getting a Roland ColorCamm PC-600 to do stickers.  Should work much better using CorelDraw.

If you are using a PCut or LaserPoint, let me know what you have for the X-Scale and Y-Scale values on the cutter itself....