Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

magnetic sheets

Question, I have a guy that wants magnetic signs for his truck. I see on ordway's web site they list 2 thicknesses .015 and .030. I assume .030 is the thicker and better stuff. Anyone work with this if so which thickness do you use and where do you get yours from? Any input would be great

From what I've seen and have heard you want to go with the .030 on the sides and you may get away with the .015 on the rear

I have used both. The .030 seems to be a stronger magent from the brans I have worked with. They also don't feel as "cheap" alough I paid more for some gerber .015. Probably just the name!

From what I've seen and have heard you want to go with the .030 on the sides and you may get away with the .015 on the rear

I do a LOT of magnets and this is 100% what I have found. I have actually had .015 blow off the side at 40 mph.

Fine for bumper stickers though.

John, you alwasy seem to have the best suppliers, who do you get yours from ordway get $60 for a roll 24" x 25' .030

that's exactly what I pay locally,and yet to find a better price. If you are on the east coast,you would get it faster from someone East.

My supplier is:

www.mumpowersignsupply.com

YOu can order 50 feet rolls from suppliers on ebay for less (per foot) but what I have gotten from them in the past has been 'iffy'...sometimes good,sometimes it looks like seconds.

they say the 030 is the one to use for vehicle signs, that is what i have been using and haven't had any problems.

lue anne