Sign in to follow this  
wagspe208

3" letters not 3"... setting?

So, I am doing basic text. I set letters to 3" and shortened a PE208 to 9" long.

Pretty simple... when it cuts the letters are way taller (didn't measure but 6 ish)

What happened?

Graphtech ce5000. have that set as default cutter.

Wags

So on the cutting mat it's showing that the letters are 3" tall and yet they are coming out much taller? I no longer have SCALP but if I remember correctly the working mat has inch lines on it. Just trying to rule out that you mis-read what size the text was supposed to be. Might try a 3" square and look at the x/y size to be sure it's actually the correct size. i would also recommend if you have a pen tool to switch to some paper and pen until you dial this in to save wasting vinyl. 

What is a PE208? Sorry for the questions but having a hard time understanding what you are doing. 

When I click on the PE208 it does say 3" as H and 9" as W. I double checked inches. 

When I send it to cut and do the preview it is also 3" x 9". It is so simple, I will delete it and start over.

I do have a pen... I will try that an see if it comes out right.

PE208 is the class designation and number of my dragboat. 

post-26059-0-49755100-1403960450_thumb.j

• Like 1

under cutter - on the fourth tab - there is a checkbox for match workplace dimensions and one for auto fit columns and rows - any checks there?

Build a new file with a 3" square and post it up (svg) and we'll see if we are getting the same problem. That will eliminate the file as the source of the problem and will then tell you that you have to figure out how to calibrate the cutter to the program. Not sure how to do that in SCALP. 

The step nsize was off. One contact to US cutter and they straightened me out.

The cutter and the software were different. 5 minutes with US Cutter tech and I was going.

THANKS US CUTTER!

Wags

• Like 2

The step nsize was off. One contact to US cutter and they straightened me out.

The cutter and the software were different. 5 minutes with US Cutter tech and I was going.

THANKS US CUTTER!

Wags

can you tell me what setting you have on the scalp and the ce 5000 I just got one and want to use scalp to with it.