busterbay

Cavete vendit - eBay

Yes a new seller beware scam got me. OK, I admit I don't always use tracking. I play the odds on small items, well recently I got bit . 

This buyer found a new way to get things for free. Instead of posting a  "I didn't receive" at eBay. The next day after I posted the shipping notice at eBay the buyer filed an unauthorized charge for the transaction with their CC company. Even if you can prove they actually used their Paypal account to make the charge,your screwed. I even provided the auction # and Paypal ID # it didn't matter. This was a small company so I didn't see the need to add tracking. 

Just thought I would share they get more creative everyday.

Seems like that one would only work a couple of times before the CC company wised up or canceled their card.

It has always been said in the Ebay forum...  NO TRACKING is a gift......  :huh:

Very true, playing the odds usually works with this one 97% of the time. But that is the main reason years back I stopped selling digital downloads 1 out of 4 was free.

I figure it this way, the extra cost for tracking vs the low cost of product. If you don't get hit with a bunch in succession you usually win. Generally shipping out weighs the cost of the product. If it tips the scales I toss in tracking.

This is the first time I have come across this scam.

what's the ebay user name so the ones that want to can block that person?

• Like 2

Very true, playing the odds usually works with this one 97% of the time. But that is the main reason years back I stopped selling digital downloads 1 out of 4 was free.

I figure it this way, the extra cost for tracking vs the low cost of product. If you don't get hit with a bunch in succession you usually win. Generally shipping out weighs the cost of the product. If it tips the scales I toss in tracking.

This is the first time I have come across this scam.

are you shipping with just a stamp or what?    Tracking is FREE with First Class package.on Paypal.   I sometimes only ship the very lowest with First Class Package @ $1.93,, 3 oz. and have FREE tracking..  If you have to raise the price a bit, to make it,  I would...  

• Like 1

I ship with just a stamp on eBay for the majority of decals I ship. Sometimes for larger orders I opt for a 6x9 or 8x11 envelope and get tracking. I also get tracking for apartment addresses from time to time. 

Amazon on the other hand - I would buy shipping for $2.00 with tracking for anyone who ordered more than 1 decal.

I do not do that anymore because if the buyer opens an A-Z claim, you will automatically lose WITH tracking. So I no longer buy tracking on Amazon and just use a stamp and save $1.50 each time.