Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

I won!

Part of my business is making custom pin-back buttons using equipment from Badge-A-Minit.

Each month they have a Hot Button contest and people submit their button designs for a chance to win prizes.  One of my designs was selected as the Hot Button of the Month for May 2014.

post-24492-0-13955800-1403874876_thumb.p

This is the 2nd time I've won the big prize, and I once won a runner-up prize.  The first two times I won, I held on to my gift certificate for when I "really needed it" and ended up letting them both expire, so this time I had it spent within an hour of receiving it, wasn't going to waste it again!  ;D

The trick to winning, I've found, is to include a good story about how the buttons are an inexpensive marketing tool and easy to sell to people - each time I've won, the design itself wasn't anything special but had a good story with it - some of the more elaborate designs that didn't have a good story didn't even get recognized...

• Like 11

Wow, the items I used my $100 on came with free shipping, so I wasn't expecting to get them any time soon, but they already showed up!  I ordered their nice manual circle cutter and some extra blades and their button design software and they shipped it all USPS Priority Mail! Woohoo!  Now I can try out the circle cutter at the flea market this weekend!