wickedstangs

Just got my new GRAPHTEC CE6000-60

Alright, I am up and running, pretty straight forward..  I hope.  I left the machine on Condition No.1 and just adjusted the blade tip it seem to cut vinyl pretty good.  I still have to figure out all the other conditions.  I am using this with SignBlazer with the below settings.

post-5398-0-37842300-1403854213_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-03547100-1403854223_thumb.jp

Here is my first cut.

post-5398-0-30795300-1403854234_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-04316300-1403854443_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Every time I see a c 600 it makes me want upgrade. Love the display compared to the 5000. Congrats.

• Like 1

Congrats!  I use graphtec's cutting master 3 software with mine.  Do you use Illustrator?  If so, there is a plugin for Illy that spits jobs straight out to CM3 that is pretty friggin fantastic.

• Like 3

Congrats!  I use graphtec's cutting master 3 software with mine.  Do you use Illustrator?  If so, there is a plugin for Illy that spits jobs straight out to CM3 that is pretty friggin fantastic.

wow, this seems to work flawlessly...

I opened up all types of files in Illustrator and it also, gets converted in Cutting Master 3.   Seems to work without any issues. Going to test out a Shirt today.  See how it goes.  Only thing know is to learn how to use Cutting Master 3

post-5398-0-96084500-1403879530_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-99337000-1403879551_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-30382100-1403879563_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-59522700-1403879572_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-20821800-1403879581_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Honestly, I tried CM3 one time and never switched back (to whatever I used to use).  I have used CM3 for over a year now with zero problems.   It's too easy to quickly change blade pressure, speed, and flip X / Y.  

A handy trick...  If you highlight something in you image, like say the SDST letters and then go hit 'send to cm3'... it will send only the highlighted path(s).  Super cool.  You may not use that while you get used to CM3, but remember I told you about it.  Eventually, You will.  And you'll love it! (this is so you don't send the full image to the CM3 and then have to go sort out which colors you want it to cut)

• Like 1

Honestly, I tried CM3 one time and never switched back (to whatever I used to use).  I have used CM3 for over a year now with zero problems.   It's too easy to quickly change blade pressure, speed, and flip X / Y.  

A handy trick...  If you highlight something in you image, like say the SDST letters and then go hit 'send to cm3'... it will send only the highlighted path(s).  Super cool.  You may not use that while you get used to CM3, but remember I told you about it.  Eventually, You will.  And you'll love it! (this is so you don't send the full image to the CM3 and then have to go sort out which colors you want it to cut)

very cool sound like something I would really need.  Do you know how to remove the outline coloring and make the color solid?

No, never tried that.  lol, I'm deep enough into CM3 now that if i did, if you can, it'd just confuse me.  If you make a few cuts, say give CM3 a morning or afternoon of getting used to it you'll be completely at home with it.  

• Like 1

No, never tried that.  lol, I'm deep enough into CM3 now that if i did, if you can, it'd just confuse me.  If you make a few cuts, say give CM3 a morning or afternoon of getting used to it you'll be completely at home with it.  

is there a way to convert all the signblazer files .sbd to illustrator?     NVM DUMB ?  Signblazer still works and I can still send the file there automatically...

Well this cutter is turning out to be a pretty good bye..  I got to knock out a shirt today for testing purposes...  Check it out.. Was pretty simple

post-5398-0-75645000-1403889530_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-17874800-1403889547_thumb.jp

post-5398-0-84891300-1403889560_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I just got my new Graphtec CE6000-60 - I've never used anything other than a Silhouette Cameo so this is a big leap for me.  I was able to successfully cut glitter heat transfer vinyl (standard Condition 1) but when I went to cut standard heat transfer vinyl, the blade cuts the vinyl lighter as it moves from right to left.  I didn't change anything so I'm confused as to why I'm having this problem (but didn't have it with the glitter/thicker vinyl)?!?!  I tried watching a bunch of youtube videos including the graphtec ones, but I can't figure this out.  I'm using whatever is the current version of Graphtec Studio.  Please let me know if anyone can give me very simple instructions as to how to resolve.

• Like 1

You need to test your blade depth and force for the different materials before cutting. Use the test feature.  ...Here is how to set your blade depth

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Yep, I adjusted the blade depth.  It's sticking out WAY further than I'd use to cut standard heat transfer vinyl on my silhouette.  I'm surprised it isn't cutting straight through!  And remember, it cuts the first image on the right (I'm doing a series of five 3" logos across 20") perfect.  So the depth and force are enough to do one...why does it get lighter (less force) as it moves from right to left?

are you sure you have the blade holder down tight in the carriage head?   What software are you using?  You should just barely see the blade tip out of the blade holder..What speed?  Force?  are you using?

• Like 1