kenman

Converting a .fs file into and .ai or .eps file

If someone made it in Flexi software, they sure can export it as an .eps file.   Contact the person who made it. The design is copyrighted to the person who made the design. 

You don't have permission from them either to be posting their designs on a public forum or anywhere. 

As soon as a design is created, it is copyrighted, it does not need to be registered.  Just created.

No worries. 

I bought a boat, paid for an exclusive design, so its mine. I even have got the original file from the dealer. So I don't understand the problem.

Anyhow, forget it.

On an other forum there were very helpful and friendly people who converted the file for me. Problem solved. Logo changed to size and the shirts are ordered :)

This forum belongs to UScutter.   The other forum doesn't.  It is not company owned.just people who wanted to start their own forum..  I told you I tried to open the file 2 times.  The file must be newer than Flexi 10.  No one else offered to help you.  Not a lot of people have Flexi software on here. As a graphic designer as you claim, you should know all about copyright/trademarks and the liability. I put the rules out to you that USCUTTER posted..and  they are enforced.   You could not prove anything about the design or where it came from.and you didn't offer to either. 

Check out Signs 101 next time. :lol:

Welcome from the USA . . .  we get a lot of people with designs that are not owned by them and are very cautious as it can get everyone in trouble - it is great that you paid for the design and own the rights and in that case several people on the forum could have helped as long as none of the design elements included anything that violated the law like we have seen many variations of people using the Harley Davidson shield and they enforce that very rigorously.   
Being new to our forum and not introducing yourself or giving us any background really gave no one any idea if you owned the design or not - too many of our new people will trace a design they don't own and think it is ok

Have a great day in the netherlands 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This forum belongs to UScutter.   The other forum doesn't.  It is not company owned.just people who wanted to start their own forum..  I told you I tried to open the file 2 times.  The file must be newer than Flexi 10.  No one else offered to help you.  Not a lot of people have Flexi software on here. As a graphic designer as you claim, you should know all about copyright/trademarks and the liability. I put the rules out to you that USCUTTER posted..and  they are enforced.   You could not prove anything about the design or where it came from.and you didn't offer to either. 

Check out Signs 101 next time. :lol:

whoooooo..... stop right there please..... My name is Madmax and I am not the starter of this topic. 

I am NOT a designer, but just a simple soul that needed help on converting a file and joined this topic for help.

I just joined this topic with a similar problem as TS. I told you that I bought a boat .. with a sign ... (that I paid for) and need help. No more no less. 

With all due respect ... as a newbie .. I got the feeling ... 'read the F' rules and get lost.

WTF is wrong with you treating people that know nothing about forums and this stuff like this??

I am 53, I don't wanna do illegal stuff, don't understand to much about this stuff, and need help .. no more no less.

People like you make me feel like an outlaw. :(

@Dakotagrafx

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry that I did not introduced my self. I am 53 and I am not into forums that much. I rather be on the ocean and fish. I just wanted my logo transferred to EPS or a file that my local printer company could use to print my shirts. 

I regret asking it here. I feel stupid. 

don't feel stupid - just realize we get a lot of request from newbies for stuff that is illegal - 

• Like 1

And I told you "I tried to open it 2 times.. Nothing there".. Usually my Flexi software will say it was done in a newer version.   It did not say anything.  

MZ Skeeter... no worries... case closed. 
I got my logo and shirts are being print. 

FYI this is the design ..

Me with a shark ;)

MADMAX met lijn 2 kleinere bocht wit.jpg

• Like 5

Hey guys, I have a .fs file that was sent to me by my tshirt guy. Its the file for my company tshirts. He is telling me that he doenst know how to export it as an .EPS..........

Could somebody here be so kind to help me out.

A.L.S..fs

With design on the layout screen, tell him to go down to FILE>Export, 

HELP  is at the top of the layout screen..   Go to INDEX,   EXPORTING FILES

Exporting to Files

Layering information, including layer name, color and attributes will be exported for the following formats: Adobe Illustrator, DXF and HPGL.

Select the objects that will be exported.

From the File menu, select Export.

Select the file format, folder and the file name. See Appendix - Supported File Formats for all supported file formats.

Adjust the following parameters:

Selection only

Check this option to export only the selected objects.

Suppress options

Some file formats will show an option dialog box before exporting to a file. Check this option to bypass the options dialog box.

3 minutes ago, shelbs2394 said:

Can someone please convert this .FS file for me to PNG? Or even .AI 

I need this ASAP...thanks so much

My email: Shelby@shelbymcfarland.com 

BROOKS SIGNATURE HOMES - FINAL ART.fs

here is the png - 

Welcome to the forum - hope to see you more

BROOKS SIGNATURE HOMES - FINAL ART.png

• Like 1

Good Morning! 

First post on the forums here, and really hoping for some help if possible. I have a .fs file that I need in .eps if possible. 

This would be so much appreciated so I wouldn't have to bother my client again. 

Logo_BT-Plane.fs

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

7 minutes ago, mfatty500 said:

It says unexpected file format, you sure it's a Flexi file or even a vector?

Same here, I can't open it without getting Unexpected File Format.

However I can see it in a preview when trying to import it but it won't import.

Well then... I guess I will have to go back to my client. I appreciate the help everyone!

You can post it if it is not copyright protected.   Forum rules do not allow copyrighted files to be posted.  I only have Flexi 10.5 so I can't do anything newer.  Others may have newer.