suz1234

Signblazer Fonts

Hopefully I can explain what I need...I have 2 computers - Laptop/Windows 8/ that I use with my Roland gx24 cutter...Desktop Windows 7 in my office.  Sign Blazer is loaded on both.  When I look in Sign Blazer on my desktop it has so many more fonts that I would use, but I can't find them on my Laptop which is where I really need them since I cut with this one.  I checked the desktop in the Control Panel for fonts and none of what is in Sign Blazer is there either.  (hoped I could just copy from Windows 7 and install on the laptop) 

Question is:  Why aren't they on both sign blazers and how can I copy them to the laptop.

Thanks so much!

Suzanne

Specific fonts include Shelly Adante - Slogan BF - Reporter SB - Roy's Tango - Murray Hill.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

copy them from the windows/ fonts folder from the drive on the computer you have them one and place them in the same folder on your laptop - sb is just pulling the fonts from that folder on your computer

• Like 1

SB has it's own font folder that it pulls from as well, I forget where it's located but it's somewhere under the SignBlazer install folder.

On my computer it's in C:\Program Files\Cutting Technologies\SignBlazer Elements\sbfonts

betting though that the "different" fonts on one computer are not in that folder but have been installed in the system font folder under c:/windows/fonts.   stock sb fonts usually don't install different on different computers

Specific fonts include Shelly Adante - Slogan BF - Reporter SB - Roy's Tango - Murray Hill.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

SB font names are not shown in the file folder but the file name is shown after the font name in the dropdown list in the program.

Shelly Advant is file SBF_S040

Slogan is file SBF_S015

Reporter is file SBF_R043

Roys Tango is file SBF_R017

Murry Hill Bold is file SBF_M026

All should be in C:\Program Files\Cutting Technologies\SignBlazer Elements\sbfonts on a standard install.

Don't know why they would show on one system and not another. I would just copy the sbfonts folder from the PC on a flash drive and copy it to your laptop in the apropriate location. You should be able to copy and paste the path I put above in the address bar of windows explorer and get to it. Or you can search for sbfonts and it will find the location for you in case one got installed to a different drive location or something.

I magine the difference here is how windows 8 works as opposed to 7 but that is just a guess since it seems to be the primary variable.

Thanks for the guidelines to get the fonts...I managed to get them downloaded into my Windows 8 Font file and they show in the folder,  but none of the new ones are showing when I use Signblazer.  Any idea on how to get them into SB?

Thanks again!

Suzanne

I don't know how windows 8 works. In XP sometimes you had to use the font installation from the toolbar. I added a font to my Windows 7 the other day and tried to drag it from the opened zip file and it wouldn't work. I drug it from the zip file to the desktop and then in to the windows font folder and it popped up a little window telling me it was installing it and then it worked. It seems like they should work from the sbfonts folder they were installed to. Windows is funny like that. Sometimes you can just drag fonts into the folder and get them to work and other times not. Try dragging one of them to a folder on the C drive then drag it into the font folder and see if that works. Wish I could be more help but it may just be trial and error.

Thanks Sandman!  I was able to install them into the Windows 8 Font collection from the SB font folder, but they do not show up in SB where I need to use them...I thought that whatever was in the computer would show in SB.  Thanks again for your help!

Suz

This is kind of the same stuff we have talked about but worth reading to see if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/typography/TrueTypeInstall.mspx

What version of Signblazer are you running on the laptop? I recently installed the cracked version on a windows 7 machine that uses all the SB fonts and sees them from their native sbfonts folder. You might try uninstalling the program and try that one if you aren't already running it to see if that works. You can get to it from this link. http://www.mystat.com/Install_Instructions_Tips.pdf

I just read where the US Cutter version no longer has nags too but I haven't tried it.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

I don't have a win8 computer and also never installed SB into the win7 computer, so my thoughts may be worth their price...

Only two suggestions:

Re-install SB on the win8 computer. It does sometimes fail or get screwed up.

If that doesn't help, or maybe even first, try running SB "as administrator". How to do that in win8?:huh:? In XP you can simply right-click on it and pick from the menu. I'm just thinking that by not running as admin, SB doesn't have access rights to it's font folder.

Maybe someone else has better ideas?

I just downloaded sign blazer last week to check a file sent to me and I downloaded the version from uscutter, not the cracked one and it installed fine on 8.1

Jaybird, Does that version start and run in full mode now or is it still run in trial mode?

PS, I had the wrong link to that above. I went back and fixed it I think.