HDN

Customer support sales

I am getting ready to order a sub printer. I have a question on what product I need. I get sales Intro myself and state that I am getting ready to order a printer and have a question. Salesman says " A PRINTER OR A CUTTER " I reply with a printer. he once again say " A PRINTER OR A CUTTER YOU KNOW THERE IS A DIFFERENCE " at this point I requested tech support.  Tech support was great answered my questions and gave me the ability to add to my order, 

Sales rep was not helpful. Sales rep was rude. Only on the phone are people so rude. In person they are so nice. 

Thumbs Down to the sales rep from US Cutter 

David

Skeeter.. Maybe. But if he would have let me get out the next word out he would have known exactly what I was ordering . To be honest I do not think he knew they sold printers

I've had mixed experiences with their sales staff but I've come to the conclusion most of us in the business know more about it than a sales rep. so I just let them talk and them get what I want anyways.

Karl, the president is about the only one I know that had prior sign experience - but some are better than others  - new people go to sales and many times learn as they go

It happens.

Service is everything. So far I have been real happy with US Cutter. Tech support answered my questions and the product I need is on the way. 

• Like 1

Karl, the president is about the only one I know that had prior sign experience - but some are better than others  - new people go to sales and many times learn as they go

We all started somewhere. I wouldn't want the sales job any more than they'd want my headache of a job.

• Like 1

dakotagrafx you are 100 % right. The kid that answered the phone today needs more training. Today i did not know what I wanted but needed. It was his job to be a tour guide to sales. 

Maybe his boss will read and coach

D

• Like 1

I know one of the bosses is totally stretched to the breaking point trying to keep people trained. doesn't help it is a revolving door.  you have to retain people to make that better and not just lean on a few to carry the load

• Like 1

I have spent some time deciding if I was going to buy a printer. I now have two with the second on the way. I called yesterday to just feel good about ordering. The kid I spoke to contradicted a lot of what is in US Cutters video and even recommended I not buy the printer. He even went as far to say I should just buy polyester shirts and use the printer I have for mugs. I ignored him in a nice way. The only way the boss knows is to read this thread 

I had an issue about a year ago trying to straighten out an order and the rep tellin v me I was mistaken even though the part numbers were totally different but I finally got him to look at my sales history and I think he realized that I knew more about this stuff than he did and he fixed it. It happens sometimes and not just with uscutter.

I always go to the top at the bank I ask for the vice president, at lowes I ask for the store manager it angers some people but I belive my time is as valuable as theirs. I have even had to give cashiers lessons on how to pull up the commerical accounts reciveable at lowes to charge my purchase like Scott said a large turnover in people leaves a lot to be desired in advice from company associates.