Boom

Can't connect to port Graphtec CE5000-60

I'm trying to purchase a graphtec plotter but want to see it cut first.

When i plug in the usb cable my computer recognises it but wont connect or cut.

Is this a problem with the driver?

In device manager under the usb where it was plugged in it had the little orange triangle but im unsure what I need to do.

Graphtec CE5000-60

have you downloaded the drivers from graphtec america for the cutter and installed them?  does your cutting software support that cutter or are you using cutting master with corel or illy?   not enough info provided

• Like 1

And If your going to use the cutter with a different  cutting software, like Signblazer, Flexi, etc.  the Command must be on HP-GL   

GP-GL is for Graphtec cutting software. Like Cutting Master.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response. I just downloaded the driver from that website.

I was already out at the location checking out the plotter earlier today for over an hour. He showed me something he had cut but I wanted to make sure I could cut from my laptop and visually see it cut.

I installed ROBO master Pro from a disc he had. Do you guys recommend this? I use illustrator CS6 for my designs so I would only need a cutter program. What do you recommend for this plotter Graphtec CE5000-60?

I have Flexisign10 that lists the plotter.

Any more info would be awesome.

Thanks

I'd use the cutting master plugin. It's free from Graphtec.

• Like 1

Yup... if I were completely comfortable with Illustrator, I would do as Jay mentioned and use the Cutting Master plug in.

• Like 1

And If your going to use the cutter with a different  cutting software, like Signblazer, Flexi, etc.  the Command must be on HP-GL   

GP-GL is for Graphtec cutting software. Like Cutting Master.   

Where is the command located?

Thanks for the quick response. I just downloaded the driver from that website.

I was already out at the location checking out the plotter earlier today for over an hour. He showed me something he had cut but I wanted to make sure I could cut from my laptop and visually see it cut.

I installed ROBO master Pro from a disc he had. Do you guys recommend this? I use illustrator CS6 for my designs so I would only need a cutter program. What do you recommend for this plotter Graphtec CE5000-60?

I have Flexisign10 that lists the plotter.

Any more info would be awesome.

Thanks

If you had Flexi10, why didn't you use it with the SC cutter?   The correct drivers were there..   :rolleyes:

Your quote"   My Plotter sc801 using Signblazer Elements 6.0.21  "

Yup... if I were completely comfortable with Illustrator, I would do as Jay mentioned and use the Cutting Master plug in.

I love the illustrator. Obviously it took time to learn but no way in heck do i want to learn a new program if I can avoid it, haha.

Question about the cutting master that I should download.

Is there one for CS6?

I have a feeling the (corrected) Cutting Master 2 plugin will work with it.

Can't say for sure though.

So far so good. now to head back out to test it out on the plotter.

Sure hope I can get it to connect and cut something this time.

Im going to need a good amount of advice and help here but everyone seems very helpful.

I will read the manual and check out other posts before I start a new one.

Time was of the essence on this info.

Thanks all who helped thus far.

just a heads up - cutmaster 2 works with ce5000 - from graphtec   -Cutting Master 3 — Cutting Master 3 (a plug-in software that is included with all CE6000 & FC8600 Series models)

• Like 1

Thanks for the correction, Dakota... I'll edit for future viewers.

while back I tried cm3 with the 5000 and didn't work for me . . .  tonight i found out the ce6000 has a feature where it helps you adjust the blade to the proper depth.  It drops the blade to the vinyl and then tells you which way to turn the top of the blade holder and which direction - it actually worked great.  

• Like 1

I just tried it and it works great.. Now to learn Cutting Master 3

So far so good. now to head back out to test it out on the plotter.

Sure hope I can get it to connect and cut something this time.

Im going to need a good amount of advice and help here but everyone seems very helpful.

I will read the manual and check out other posts before I start a new one.

Time was of the essence on this info.

Thanks all who helped thus far.

If you have seen the cutter cut from his computer then all this running around is just academic because you WILL be able to make it run on yours one way or another. I think you are worrying about that item more than you need. Graphtec is one of the top brands as far as cutter go and the design/cut combinations are many and varied but have been figured out so many times that you can rest assured that it will work provided the cutter is still in good shape and working correctly. 

I picked up the graphtec ce5000-60 and can't be happier. Plus it came with over 175 yards of Oracal 651and a hand full of other goodies for $775. I do have quite a bit to learn about the plotter but I think it was highly worth the purchase.

A lot different than my sc801 so I will have quite a few questions for you guys as I dig into it.

Thanks for everyone's help in making the decision for the purchase of my new toy.

Illustrator cs6 works great with cutting master 3.. Cutting master 3 took no time at all to learn most if it's functions.

Although i don't see a function to save different settings for multiple types of materials like in the graphtec controller. <<

• Like 1