AMDG

No USB communication

Hello all,

I have had my SC series cutter for roughly 3 months now and I love it.  Yesterday I went to cut some logo's for a customer and my laptop kept reading USB error.  I rebooted everything and went for another go.  Again I got a USB unreadable and then nothing.  I rebooted again and the cutter is no longer showing up.  I thought it could be something with my laptop so I tried two other computers and the cutter would not show up.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  I need to call in to customer support, but was wondering if I should purchase another motherboard or something in case this happens again.  

Thank you in advance.

Jesse

Could be a bad USB cable, have you tried a different one? If that doesn't work try connecting via the comm port.

Hey darcshadow,  I had tried two other cables too from working printers.  

I will have to try the comm port tonight.  

Thank you!

From time to time mine will not read from unpluggin my usb cable and moving my laptop but after a few seconds it sees it. i have copam2500 set in my settings for signblazer for my sc cutter. 

• Like 1

Ok back to this topic.  I replaced my I/O board originally and everything worked perfect!  In fear of this part failing again I secured the cable to the leg of my machine and only unplug it from the computer if needed.  I've been cutting stickers the last few days and all of a sudden my machine won't register to my computer again.  So I ordered to more I/O boards.  Tried one and nothing, tried the other and nothing.  Luckily I also ordered a Titan 2 cutter to run along with the SC.  That's if it ever cuts again.  The unit is under a year old. 

Does anyone have any ideas?  I thought maybe something was up with my desktop but all 8 usb plugs are working perfect.  I have a spare motherboard here for the cutter as I was afraid of downtown, it seems like everything else is working perfect.  Just no communication.

Jesse