Go-C Graphics

How do you take CC?

I just had something come up. 

I mailed out an order and the customer wants to pay with a CC.  

But I just realized that I need a signature to use my paypal here app for purchases over $50.  

Do I run it through anyway with the customer's approval to take it without a signture?

It's a close friends wife so I'm not too worried about it. 

How can I take a CC without a signature?

How do YOU handle taking orders using a CC when the customer isn't there to sign for it?

we do it all the time, with several thousand dollar orders.

we have one guy in particular that hardly ever actually signs his slips, we just run the number.

however we don't use paypal, we use a merchant services provider.

I use square, they charge a little more for non signed version to cover the risk but take it just fine. 

• Like 1

I use square, they charge a little more for non signed version to cover the risk but take it just fine. 

yea ours does the same, I forgot to mention that. it's like 0.5% more or something. 

I thought that using a smart phone app for swiping a CC allowed the purchaser to enter a signature by signing right there on the screen.

I thought that using a smart phone app for swiping a CC allowed the purchaser to enter a signature by signing right there on the screen.

It does but if you can sign then your good. If it's a phone order you have to enter the numbers and no signature

Wow this is really simple guys.

Since you have a PAYPAL HERE account, do you have an actual PayPal account??

Go to paypal and do a REQUEST MONEY...u can send a request/ create an invoice, then email it to him, it will provide him the info and he can use his cc online thru paypal.

Really easy.

• Like 4

Wow this is really simple guys.

Since you have a PAYPAL HERE account, do you have an actual PayPal account??

Go to paypal and do a REQUEST MONEY...u can send a request/ create an invoice, then email it to him, it will provide him the info and he can use his cc online thru paypal.

Really easy.

You would be surprised how many people have a fobia of paypal. Not necessarily warranted but won't touch it. 

Yeah true...but the OP has paypal here, so he's been using paypal. He should have informed his customer he uses paypal for credit cards. 

Well she was originally going to send me a check. Which would have been perfect.  

But when I emailed the final invoice and she asked if I'd take a CC.    

That's why this was alittle surprise for me because I've never taken a CC over the phone before.  I've either gotten cash, check, or swiped the card.  When I swiped the card I got their signature.   

I'll look into sending an invoice through paypal.  

Anybody else NOT have a merchant service and take CC over the phone?

I take cc over the phone all the time but I use square. When you  key in the # it asks for sig. or click done I think. Never really payed that much attention just did what it said.

• Like 1

I was able to send him an invoice from my paypal app.   

From there he's able to click the link and it'll take him to a site to pay with the CC

• Like 1

I just had something come up. 

I mailed out an order and the customer wants to pay with a CC.  

But I just realized that I need a signature to use my paypal here app for purchases over $50.  

Do I run it through anyway with the customer's approval to take it without a signture?

It's a close friends wife so I'm not too worried about it. 

How can I take a CC without a signature?

How do YOU handle taking orders using a CC when the customer isn't there to sign for it?

A little late but, I used to use propay to accept CC's

The wife and I have Invoiced through PayPal hundreds of times and, as far as I remember,

only one client that didn't want to use the service and sent a check instead.

Pretty simple and gives the customer several options for payment.

just tell her there is a 3% charge for credit card orders.or 5% with no sig. then run the card. very simple I use to do it all the time.

I signed up for square..reader doesn't work on my Android phone (there are LOTS that it doesn't work on, apparently) but works great for over the phone CC. Glad I signed up.

All my phones are android based. Must be lucky so far because it has worked on all of them.

just tell her there is a 3% charge for credit card orders.or 5% with no sig. then run the card. very simple I use to do it all the time.

But according to the agreement you have to have a signature for purchases over $50.  

I signed up for square..reader doesn't work on my Android phone (there are LOTS that it doesn't work on, apparently) but works great for over the phone CC. Glad I signed up.

Does square require you to have a signature for purchases over $50?

not according to the person at square support that I spoke to. That would kind of be hard to do over the phone.

• Like 1

All my phones are android based. Must be lucky so far because it has worked on all of them.

I guess you have. I spoke to support and they told me they had a list of android phones that it did NOT work on and it was long.

intuit has a card reader like square.. you can also accept cards online with thier account... I use PayPal, square and Intuit... all are only fee per charge, no monthly.