MadHatterGraphix

LIke some feedback on my site

many categories i click on have not products - but looks nice . . . what will drive people to your site as opposed to the 10,000 other graphics sites.  just curious as I had a site and didn't seem worth the time about 5 years ago . . .

Unlike most site that say hey this is my only way of getting to people I'm not using that as my main way of making money, Its a tool its just to show people there's more than the 10000 out there. I know I haven't gotten something in all the links but you know as well as me how it take awhile to do things.

• Like 1

Quick first impressions.

Harsh overall effect -- difficult to look at red on black.

At checkout, the shipping calculation came up $0.00, but when going into PayPal for payment, the shipping had to be added.

I'm not sure about the lettering under the main heading, naming your different offerings.

Maybe it's OK in that style, but certainly it's not easy to read.

Lots of items, and easy to navigate.

Basic website, serves the purpose.

Best wishes for success, always.

• Like 1

Take in mind i am a web developer/designer when u read these comments:

The site appears to be too wide, and doesn't adjust and fit into my screen, and the menu on the left side is only half way showing, and there appears to be side to side scroll. It's best to have a set width, say 900wide, or have it percent based to adjust to various screen sizes. 

There's nothing wrong with black with red text, but you may want to choose a brighter red. Keep in mind colors will appear differently on the many types of screens and resolutions.

You have it on the site many times (Some images are for samples only and not for resale.)

First i think it should be "sale" not resale. 

Second, why post up samples of stuff your'e not going to sale??

It would be like me posting up the CHEVY logo on my site, and telling people its just for sample and im not selling it...but yet i made it?? Keep it simple, post samples of your work that u can make and sale.

What did you use to make/design this site and shopping cart??

See the pic below...u can see the menu on the left is out of the browser frame and i cant go to the left with the scroller, but i can scroll to the right...

Also i viewed it in google chrome and in internet explorer, and got the same results.

post-38025-0-69534500-1403142196_thumb.j

• Like 1

many categories i click on have not products - but looks nice . . . what will drive people to your site as opposed to the 10,000 other graphics sites.  just curious as I had a site and didn't seem worth the time about 5 years ago . . .

what drives people to a person site is them....you drive customers to your site...you have to advertise and market/promote it.

I have my website address everywhere, from my shirts, my vehicle, my business cards, etc. 

Now thats how you drive your local people to your site....if you want local business.

Its at that time that everyone with a business needs a website, even it if is just one page with contact information, every business needs a site..period. It used to be businesses needed to be in the Yellow Phone Book...but with GOOGLE, and the web, nobody is dragging out the old phone book. We just go to google and search. Searching for restaurants to hardware stores, to plumbers, to body shops, etc..

A website is relatively cheap advertising. A website costs about $130 a year to host, $10 for a domain name. Thats $140 a year!! for 24/7 advertising. My local newspaper wants $200 a month to advertise in the paper!! Thats 2 printings a week, so 8 printings a month for $200....for a city of about 13K people.

If you are making good $$ without a website, more power to you...specially if you are using ebay...but then again if you have an ebay store, you kinda do have a website.

I built a website shopping cart system for a lady, but she never used it cuz she sold more stuff off ebay.

I really think i should start an ebay store too, but the ebay market place is already full of vinyl shops,and then trying to compete with the chinnese cheap stuff would be impossible.

Also even if you dont want or need a website, you should at least buy your domain name for your business, so nobody steals it from you.

I wonder if its due to I have my settings on my screens different I will take all the ideas to consideration. As for the images I should say the printed images are not for sale but items are? I just want to show people ideas what they can put on it.

I did some revisions please keep up the feedback.

When u build a site it should either :

A. Automatically adjust to the viewers window size..no matter what. You can accomplish this by doing the site size based on % percentage.

Or

B: Have the site set to a maximum width of no larger then 1000 or 900 pixels wide and have the site centered.

You should never have side ways (left to right) scrolling. Now up and down scrolling is ok.

You can use tables and have them percent based or you can have them a fixed pixel based.

I prefer using CSS (cascading style sheets) with a few fixed tables.

Oh Wix....lol.

No I haven't checked it out since before. I will look at it again when I get home. My smartphone browser doesnt like it lol

Well no offense but he is using WIX..a free online site creator...not a professional $2000 software...so thats one issue.

WIX is very limited and normally all the wix sites ive seen have ads on them..thats how wix makes their money. Just like free smartphone apps have ads..this is the first one ive ever seen with no ads so thats weird too.

REGARDLESS......Being a first time attemp I would say 88-90 percent OK, Now, tweek it, play with it, try different elements and see what works as you are the one who inputs.....I as a few here have written many a HTML element and a lot of BATCH files...I am not gonna tell you to change this and change that as it's NOT my site and I am not the one who is creating my first or last web element...You are....Many might dis-agree with the following but try becoming familar with the latest language in implimenting HTML, I have some older books on web site creation and be happy to turn you on to them as I dont write Hyper Text Markup Language any more as well as post online any designs .......If you ever get to where you have the need for sound tracks or ambient sound tracks let me know and will gladly turn you on to them for background "color"...Experiment, I am certain WIX allows you to introduce HTML line statements to enhance whether its menu layout or graphic REZ to screen impimentation...Its your site, its your time spent on it so YOU look at it and YOU be the final set of eyes to seek what you want it to say or to appear...No offense but you CANT please everyone regardless but if you like it and if it works for you then thats all that matters regardless to whom you use to show, write,create or whether you go RAW and do it yourself.....

Petro I use to write code all day long when I was younger. I don't care to do it anymore and wix does allow you to type code and insert music and video.

GC actually I'm paying for an ecommerce website so no ads and they are a lot better than the freebies. So far everyone else that has viewed it other than you and skarekrow aren't having issues, I use IE and have no issues. Maybe firefox doesn't like png files?

I have tested the site on my laptop, my desktop, my dads laptop, the residence computer at dads rehab, my brothers laptop, my cell and my sister in laws cell and have no issues. I took a quick screen capture with corel capture it didn't get the whole first page but its all there.

post-35756-0-67407300-1403412978_thumb.p

Firefox is fine with png files... It may be my settings for java and flash.

I took a quick photo with my cell using firefox30 and heres what I get. the page needs to be scrolled for the rest of the menu. But everything is there,

post-35756-0-28809400-1403455834_thumb.p

I took a quick photo with my cell using firefox30 and heres what I get. the page needs to be scrolled for the rest of the menu. But everything is there,

attachicon.giffirefoxscreenshot.png

Just tried on my Firefox, works just fine. Like anything the more you tweak the better you will like it, and others will to. Site in progress and looks good