mcrocker

Setting Home?

Hi can anyone help with this? I'm trying to set the home origin like thye say in the tutorial video, I set it when it was right over on the left side, if I press reset then it moves back and forth and stays right where I put it. But when it starts cutting it shifts to almost a foot in from the side and that's where it starts cutting.

I'm doing blast mask and I have the pieces cut say 15 x 15 for the 12 x 12 rock it will be blasted on, so when it shifts like this it doesn't have enough room to do the side of the stencil. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  It's for a Titan 2 by the way, forgot to put that in there

I don't use SCAL but is there an option in the cut setup to move what is cut to the origin of the cutter.

I don't think it's a SCAL problem, I think it's something I'm doing while setting the home origin on the cutter. ON the video tutorial, it shows the numbers changing for X and Y on the screen when you set the home origin but mine both stay at 0

Make sure scalp is set to origin and not wysiwyg.

• Like 1

Jesse, i don't set my origin either on my SC with my SCALP.  I just put everything at the bottom right and start cutting. Also making sure that wysiwyg is selected. I have however set it to origin to see if it goes there and yes it does but i find it easier to just cut from bottom right. I use origin if i place something on a mat to cut and place it there for that. 

I'm  new also.  I have a US Cutter 871 and use SC Pro cuts also.  I'm having the same issue with the cutter shooting out about a

foot of vinyl before it starts cutting.   Do I need to set my X and Y to anything or just hit reset and origin?  One person says Origin and one

says Wysiwyg.  Help

Think of it this way ----  WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet will NOT produce a cut that begins wherever the plot path in the design begins, regardless of the dimensions of the mat. In other words, if you have a mat of 36" x 24" and a 2" x 2" design is placed somewhere in the middle, the cutter will INDENT & MOVE to reach the start point of that small design. That is usually a waste of vinyl.

The ORIGIN setting causes the cutter to immediately cut the design plot, and IGNORE the overall dimensions of the mat. It will cut ONLY 2" x 2" right from the corner of the vinyl (or wherever the Origin point is manually set by using the cutter keypad).

If I remember correctly, the SC machine has a weird setting routine for the Keypad to be told where the Origin is.

Press SELECT key and choose “Local” function, and

then acknowledge it with ENTER key.
Now the screen displays: Position:Origin Current
and you can then move the placement of the cutting head by using the direction keys.
After the positional adjustment, press SELECT key again to confirm the change of the
origin, then lock it in with ENTER key.

The MH 871 is much simpler --  Just hit OFFLINE/pause, then the ORIGIN button, use the directional keypad to move the head, then hit OFFLINE/Pause again (returning the cutter online, and it will start cutting at that selected point)

After the positional adjustment, press SELECT key again to confirm the change of the

origin, then lock it in with ENTER key.

I have a TC1261 and it sounds like it has the same menu system.  What slice&dice says is critical. I to scratched my head over this for awhile before I got it correct.  After you position the head with the arrows keys, you must have CURRENT selected before you hit ENTER.  Skipping that, and the origin will not be set.