jfronk

Need some graphic help

Greetings all;

I am trying to create a cut file for my daughters cheerleading and need some help. I am using sign blazer and I am trying to create the words EAGLES on the top line with a shadow hanging down with a eagle head punching through the shadow, I Hope that makes sense I am posting a sample of what I would like to do only using my images.  I hope that I got all the images uploaded.

Thanks In advance

Jerry

post-83940-0-01270500-1403034458_thumb.j

post-83940-0-36220800-1403034479_thumb.j

Do a drop shadow on your font. Then an outline of the eagle and punch the eagle outline through the drop shadow.

Oh thanks. That's  exactly what I was trying for. You guys rock. I tried and tried to get that result but could not make it happen. Is there a video showing how to do that?

Thanks loads.  I am learning all the time. Thanks to this wonderful forum.

Jerry

Happy to Oblige. H2O

There probably is a video... I just don't know it's whereabouts.

Just hope nobody gets in trouble for stealing the Philadelphia Eagles logo lol

Or just steal the Philadelphia Eagles logo

mark-s

Our school mascot is the Eagles and we use the same logo. I was suprised but nobody has ever said squat.

At least 2 schools (I think 3) use their logo locally. But let me start making it and BAM!!! off to court I go. Go figure.

That's good. I just remember how the last Super Bowl was a big deal. The whole town was told they couldn't make signs that said anything about the Super Bowl ha. Crazy.

Here where i live the local high school has the Denver Broncos logo

• Like 1

I know alot of schools use pro logos don`t know how they get away with it.

mark-s

IMO, our society is way to litigous...

There was a time when you were paid to advertise for a Name Brand.

Now Corporate America wants to sue you for it.

Thanks H2o and skarekrow for your help is just what I needed. I tried all kinds of punch through things also the Bezier selection and just couldn't get the results that I wanted. Just learning the punch through trick, still have a lot to learn. I don't use or try not to use any copyright material. The local schools around here do use some pro team logos.  I don't think the little 5th and 6th grade cheer leader teams are a big threat to the pro's.

If any one has a video on how the  use the Bezier tools please give me a shout.  I am anxious to learn how to use them. Once again thanks for your help.

Jerry 

SignBlazer is a big step up from SCALP so I know it is totally capable of doing that. Don't use it so I'm not much help with technical details but it probably won't be the bezier tool that gets you there for this application. You should be looking to make a larger duplicate image or offset the outer line in the eagle to create a separate image that is the size of the punch through you are trying to make. In most programs this will then be used to "subtract front" of just "subtract" or some such language that will cut that out of the lower layer. Usually once you use the image to punch through as you say, it will be gone and this is the reason for creating it separately from the one you want to be there in the end product.  Signbalzer may be different.