Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Anyone needing Sublimation High Temp Ink !!!

Due to Sawgrass patent running out Richard from Cobra Inks let me know that he is now selling the High Temp Ink again.  However you have to call him by phone to order.

https://www.cobraink.com/

Mention my name as always and he will give you 10% off on whatever you buy...

• Like 4

Eww... I don't like the new website... pages are showing up shifted way to the right and lots of graphics are missing...  The buttons at the top now open drop down menus - after you click them...

post-24492-0-97263400-1403051628_thumb.p

I just noticed that I will let Richard know thanks

Eww... I don't like the new website... pages are showing up shifted way to the right and lots of graphics are missing...  The buttons at the top now open drop down menus - after you click them...

Thanks bill I worked on it last night see if it is still that way. 

Bill this is not the same a sawgrass this is Cobra High Temp ink the only US made sublimation ink.

I did all the research before he quit selling it before... and forgot it all.

What is the difference between high temp and dye base ink? 

I did all the research before he quit selling it before... and forgot it all.

What is the difference between high temp and dye base ink? 

dye ink fades and won't sublimate - sublimation ink turns to a gas and attaches itself to the poly coating or fibers in the substrate.  usually dye is used for photos even though it fades the quickest it has the brightest colors, pigment last the longest but not quite as vibrant as dye inks - sublimation inks are a whole nother critter only used in the sublimation process

• Like 2

uh oh.  Guess I have to buy a new toy then.  : /

What was everyone using for sublimation inks while Richard was out of that game?

I do have a WF1100 / Pig for my daily printer + some jpss / 3g jet projects.  oh, and Sihl 3988 too.

it was still available just not openly sold . . . or several of us have the ricoh's that are better at not clogging when sitting unused for a month or two at a time . . . hoping Richard gets gel ink for them now!

• Like 1

From Richard on Gel ink question?

Hello Bill The ink I have for Epson works well in the Ricoh printer we also have available cartridges that work in the Ricoh printer and paper. I don't believe the colors are exactly the same as Ricoh. I have several customers that use our ink in the Ricoh printer without a problem but I don't know how critical they are on color. I don't believe the word gel for a Ricoh or Sawgrass stands for jelly it must stand for something else because the ink is no different than any other inkjet printer. Richard@cobraink

• Like 1

I know it doesn't dry in the heads as fast so there must be some difference.  good info though

I wonder if the reason the Ricoh doesn't dry out is more to do with it running automatic cleaning type cycles like a solvent printer. 

I wonder if the reason the Ricoh doesn't dry out is more to do with it running automatic cleaning type cycles like a solvent printer. 

ummm - I have unplugged mine for a couple months at a time so no cleaning cycles

Thats what I was thinking.  I tried unplugging mine and when I ran a head check a week later it showed it was started to clog, so I just leave mine on now, however anymore I print every day so its not really an issue...

• Like 1