Sign in to follow this  
efimage

CE6000-60 Making Noises at Idle

Hi,

Just recently got into vinyl cutting and picked up a Graphtec CE6000-60 as my first cutter.  I was able to get everything hooked up and made a few cuts last night. So far everything seems to be working fine but when it is at Idle doing nothing it makes some weird noises. It sounds like some sort of motor noise but not the fan. It sort of hums and creaks

I did a search and the same noise was mentioned in the last post of this thread but that was it. I also tried tapping on my machine and it did stop.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42815-graphtec-ce6000-60-noise/?hl=%2Bce6000-60+%2Bnoise

Since this is my first Graphtec and first cutter I just want to make sure something is not wrong with it..

Thanks

My ce5000 does that and sometimes wiggling the usb makes it stop and other times smacking the top of the cutter makes it stop. It has been doing it since I got it and doesn't affect performance but it can be annoying since the cutter is 2' from my desk.

My ce5000 does it also, I just turn the power off and back on and it goes away. Never have figured it out.

Thanks guys.  I was hoping it was nothing bad.  I might still  email support later today.   My cutter is also a few feet from me and it is annoying at 1am in the morning trying to figure out how to use the cutter