wickedstangs

If you had 2K which Vinyl Cutter would you get?

Alright, Just like the topic title says.  If you had 2000 dollars to spend which Vinyl Cutter would you get?

was debating on the CE-6000-60 or the Roland GX-24 Desktop

I was once told this by an old-timer: " find the largest [ cut size ] machine you can afford and buy the next step up. "

The week after I bought my 24" cutter, I wished I had gone larger. You can always cut 24" rolls on a 30", 40" or 50" machine. You can't do the reverse.

Personally, I would go with a Roland. If you ever decide to get a Roland printer down the road, it will work seamlessly with your cutter

• Like 2

30" LPII with stand and catch-basket.  $600. plus $10 delivery.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

Download, install and run with SignBlazer.  (No charge)

Spend the rest of the money on vinyl supplies and substrates (such as banners and yard-sign coroplast) and other studio essentials.

When ordered at the same time as the cutter, you will not have to pay additional for delivery of vinyl and app tape, plus accessories and banner & sign materials, as the $10 is a one-fee-for-all deal.

Go graphtec and know you've got a solid machine and if memory serves it comes with a stand and Roland stand is extra but I may be wrong.

30" LPII with stand and catch-basket.  $600. plus $10 delivery.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

Download, install and run with SignBlazer.  (No charge)

Spend the rest of the money on vinyl supplies and substrates (such as banners and yard-sign coroplast) and other studio essentials.

When ordered at the same time as the cutter, you will not have to pay additional for delivery of vinyl and app tape, plus accessories and banner & sign materials, as the $10 is a one-fee-for-all deal.

I have a 30" LP2 and it's been mothballed pretty much since I bought my Graphtec. The LP2 is a better value cutter but it is no Graphtec

• Like 1

Maybe you can sell him that unused LPII at a deep discount, and save him a few hundred $$$ that he can then pump into more vinyl rolls.

I know that the Graphtec is touted as being a great machine.

That is not even in doubt.

However, the subject here is what would be the cutter to get with a $2000 budget to work with, and my opinion is to spend SOME (not all) of the money on the cutter and use the remainder for supplies. The cutter is only one aspect of setting up an operation, and consumables and tools can run into $1500 very fast.

BTW, a 30" Graphtec is not even offered by USCUTTER.

And Roland is also just sold by USCUTTER in the 24" size (without stand and media basket ---- although both of those items are actually pictured on the Description page).

His question was either a ce-6000 60 or a gx 24. No mention of a 30" machine or a lower quality machine there and for the record if I need bigger than 24" 2 times a year it would be the exception, not the rule. I'll keep the LP2 for the simple fact that even a Graphtec can break and since I run a business a backup machine is a necessity to keep production going.

It appears to me that Wickedstangs is UPGRADING his machine,  He already has a Pcut...He has been a member here since 2009 and has a website selling decals and clothing..He already has his supplies. He is NOT setting up an operation for the first time... He wants a better machine with a servo motor.

I would go with the Graphtec.CE6000-60 if you want to buy new. . more bang for your buck.  FREE stand. Auto registration.  Tracks great, cuts detailed designs great. Quiet, accurate. Great warranty. Holds resale value.

• Like 5

me  too

Graphtec.CE6000-60
  • Like 1

It appears to me that Wickedstangs is UPGRADING his machine,  He already has a Pcut...He has been a member here since 2009 and has a website selling decals and clothing..He already has his supplies. He is NOT setting up an operation for the first time... He wants a better machine with a servo motor.

I would go with the Graphtec.CE6000-60 if you want to buy new. . more bang for your buck.  FREE stand. Auto registration.  Tracks great, cuts detailed designs great. Quiet, accurate. Great warranty. Holds resale value.

Correct which means he probably already has all the vinyl,substrate,etc. He needs a cutter.

Mz SKEETER good observation.. Yes I am planning on upgrading my PCUT with something new.  I make my members shirts and decals.  I  have notice that sometimes this PCUT misses some areas and I have to cut twice.  I am thinking that the Graphtec would be a good choice.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback...  I would like to like all your post but, I have exceeded my likes :)

post-5398-0-06554900-1403017162_thumb.jp

• Like 2

fine detail and no problens graphtec hands down- lots of contour cutting - roland excels there.  personally owned several of each and keep a graphtec at all times

• Like 1

I traded up from P-Cut to a Summa (out of your price range) but I can tell you that you will absolutely love a servo cutter. I obviously don't have a Graphtec but from all I have heard they are real great machines and I have been sooooo happy since my upgrade about a year ago. You will be surprised by the amount of time you will save in just not having to babysit the thing. I put my vinyl in and wander elsewhere to weed something or go have lunch with no worries and the higher quality cutting means easier weed and much more accurate multi-layer work. I never used the weeding lines with my P-Cut because it would cut into the design due to the tracking and now I use them often and save time and lost work accordingly.  

• Like 1

If you have $2k to spend on a cutter alone....get the Graphtec for sure.

I have the older Ce5000 and I love it. Great mchine...and the newer Ce6000 is just as good with a few extra advantages and features.

In a few years I will get another one...probably the Ce6000 if they dont release a newer one by then.

• Like 1

Alright everyone just ordered the Graphtech CE6000-60 hope it gets here soon. Thanks for all your help..

• Like 2

the original graphtec super steel blade is a great blade but when it comes time for replacements get a hold of Ross at cleancut and get his 60 degree blade for the new cutter.  you will love it - I get about a year out of a blade then put it in a different holder for my metallics and chrome, reflective for the next year (kinda double duty)    mention the forum when you call and get a discount.  

You are going to LOVE the new cutter.

With all the positive feedback on the Grapthtec's why are their not more reviews on the uscutter purchase page?

Possibly most are purchased on Ebay. and Feedback is given.    I purchased there, on the CE5000-60 deal they had earlier in the month , saved $450, and FREE delivery.  It was higher on the UScutter site...

• Like 1

With all the positive feedback on the Grapthtec's why are their not more reviews on the uscutter purchase page?

you tend to hear more from the unhappy people than the happy ones.  over at vinylforum.org I would venture to say 80+ percent of the  old timers have graphtecs

• Like 1