Sign in to follow this  
matty2583

cutting plotter 721 having trouble, help needed

hi, i have trawled a lot of forums, installed a lot of drivers and i am still no further, ive recently bought a second hand refine mh721 and it came without any drivers. i have downloaded the drivers from the us cutter suport site-FTDI and still no further, i seen the plotter working on the sellers computer so i know it works. in the device manager it is appearing as USB2.0-Serial and i just can not get it to appear as a cutting plotter, could anybody please walk me through the process and what sites hold the relevent drivers that i need?

any help will be most greatfull

thanks in advance for any help

matty

What software are you using to cut with? Plotters are not like printers that can print right from your applications, they require a cutting program. Some cutting programs also design to one degree or another such as SignBlazer and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro and Flexi. Others are just design or just cutting software such as Inkscape, Illustrator or Corel (Design programs) and SignCut (cutting only). 

So what program are you using to design and what are you trying to use for cutting?

Hi, the software that I got with it that I'm planning on using to start off with is artcut software, but I'm not at that stage as the computer isn't actually recognising the plotter, so the software can't link to the plotter as it doesn't have a com port asigned to it, I've tried it on xp, vista and Windows 7 I also have flexi that I also aim to use once the plotter is recognised on the computer

Hi Matty2583

Glad you sorted out, but what was the fix. I have the same problem

Hope you can help

Thanks