Sign in to follow this  
Dan01801

Connection no longer working

Hi Everyone,

I was using the serial cabel that came with the unit and it was working for a bit, day or so. Then the next day it stopped working. I can't figure out what is wrong any ideas!

yes, orginally I was using the USB, and was having problems, so i pluged in the parallel and it seemed to work fine for a short time

go to : http://housecall65.trendmicro.com and run a scan on your computer.If you ran usb and had problems,then used the serial cable that worked and now it doesn't,it sounds like you may have a trojan affecting your ports.

I assume that you restarted both the computer and the cutter.  Have you resolved the issue yet?

Hi Everyone,

I was using the serial cabel that came with the unit and it was working for a bit, day or so. Then the next day it stopped working. I can't figure out what is wrong any ideas!

I assume that you restarted both the computer and the cutter.  Have you resolved the issue yet?

Hi Everyone,

or trojan ate his internet connection.. :)

I ran into something similar. I would try to send the info to the machine and it would start loading then just stop so I had no choice but to sit and wait or push ABORT. re-started the computer and switched off and back on the cutter it still did it so I started looking for other solutions. Then I decided to try physically unplugging the cutter for 30 seconds and WALLA!!!!! it started working again. Must have got a cob-web in it's buffer.