jfronk

Sign Blazer Driver question

Hello all;

Does anyone know if signbalzer has a driver that will work with the Silhouette Cameo? I am going to do some craft shows and would like to take the Silhouette Cameo rather than my MH 721 Mk2. I am afraid moving the Mk around will lead to problems. 

Thanks in advance

Jerry

• Like 1

The Cameo is dreadfully S L O W  and requires a mat.

But, if you're determined to bring along that little cutter,

you can try using the generic HPGL driver and see what happens.

Thanks for the replay. I know the Cameo is a slow cutter, but I was afraid  that if I took the MK2 It might not stand up to all the moving around that would be involved and I did not want any thing to happen to it.. I will have to re think what I am going to do.

Where would I find the HPGL driver?

thanks

Jerry

The Generic HPGL is listed in my version of SBE.

Hopefully yours, too.

If it doesn't work, try a few of the Graphtec models (the Cameo is some version of a Graphtec) or even the old standby's like the LiYu or the Roland or even the PCut drivers.

Let us know what you discover.

post-21408-0-64333700-1402616643_thumb.j

Jerry, did you ever get this to work? Just wondering as I also have a Cameo. I'd like to use it for travelling as well.

Personally, I don't much like the software Cameo uses. I'd prefer just to use SignBlazer. I'm not worried about contour

cutting. Cameo's software will allow you to do contour cuts, as you know.

Please update us & thank you!

GP-GL can be changed to HP-LG under the "I/F" tab on my Graphtec menu. Silhouette may differ. Consult the user's manual.

GP-GL is used to communicate with Graphtec cutting software. HP-GL is used to communicate with SignBlazer and other software. Go down the driver list in SignBlazer and choose each driver one at a time and try making a test cut until one works. The CE6000 works with the CoPam CP-2500 driver.

Okay, Thanks so muchy! Looks like I'm getting a couple of the drivers to send to the cutter, but now I forget to work the cutter. LOL!

I had the Cameo Cutter in storage too. Have to find a manual somewhere, or a video.

Thanks so much!

Ok, so to bring back a long dead thread. Does anyone know what to select in the list of Signblazer to get a cameo to work?

My sister just bought one that came with the free Silhouette Studio software, which can not open or import vector files! Why the hell would you make a cutting program that can't open vector files? Uggg!

She's not nearby or I would just install signblazer myself and go through it till I found something that worked. I'd like to be able to give her a simple set of instructions to get up and running.

Not sure, but most are using the Copam driver for the Graphtecs,   Sihouette may not like that driver. 

Reading online.  People use SCALP and Make the Cut for the Silhouettes.  She could try the trials.