GraphxNMore

Paths, seperating pieces of a project

Here's what I'm trying to do. I know how to split paths, but it's not working here. I'm certain it's due to the fact that there are two different paths that I'm trying to break apart. What I want to do is break apart the flags so I can cut just the red and blue pieces for a layered decal. I'm stuck. I added the blue and pink line segments for cut lines. I could cut the whole thing and pull them out there, but there's got to be a way to do it without doing that. 

post-37957-0-87167400-1402520908_thumb.p

post-37957-0-95959000-1402520921_thumb.p

I can do it but not sure I can type it out.

Break the blue/red line and join the nodes at each end of lines.

You will have two open nodes on the black line join them to run along the new blue\red lines and it should work. I think.

Post the file in svg or eps and I or someone will help you out. You are going to have to do a little cutting and joining here and there to get what you are wanting. If you are using SCALP it will be a lot of work. 

Here you are Goose. I'll continue to tinker with it and try to figure out what to do. Both flags need to be separated if you don't mind. I'll do the node editing on the flags to clean up the cuts and keep the colors apart. I appreciate it.

lwf1.svg

What I do is create a long skinny bar and place it where I want to separate the graphic.  Then I take the difference.  

BAM    cuts it and then I just have to break it apart.  

• Like 1

This thing is messy! How many color layer are you wanting? I understand breaking out the flags but there are several possibilities within the wolf that I might as well clean up while I'm in there. 

The wolf is fine. I just need the flags where  I can hide them while cutting the rest, then turn them on for the colors sections. It's going on a white door, so all I need to do is cut the wolf in solver or black (whichever they decide on), then cut the red portions and blue portions of the flags. Everything other than the flags is one color. I wish I had do this when I sent it to excalibur initially, but wasn't forward thinking. LOL

I know I've got to go back and fix the lines in the flags to insure proper color alignment, but that's no issue. I've actually done it twice, but one time I forgot to save, the other time I saved and can't remember where I put it. LOL

Thanks for the help.

I like what you did with the flags darcshadow. Looks good. I had a golf game today and by the time I got back everyone has pitched in. I rebuilt the wolf head in mine so if you want you can pull it apart and lay the flogs and such over the top. I separated the flags but hadn't gotten to doing any more than just starting to play with. I would use Darcs flags.

Lone Wolf2.svg

Thanks guys. VERY much appreciated. I ran it by the Alpha, he loved it. They are sticklers about retaining the "official" logo. I'm cutting it now. Will display pics after install.

PS: I'm not sure if they have a trademark on the logo, but I'm treating as such right now. Thanks.

They effin loved it. Thanks guys. Only had 1 issue. Not sure if the black was thinner, my for some reason there was spots all over it where the backing paper tore and had a thin layer stuck to the vinyl. Took me nearly an hour to peel back, pull paper off, lay back down. Peel, pull, lay; peel pull lay. Red blue and silver were fine.

post-37957-0-81268500-1402713198_thumb.j

Only had 1 issue. Not sure if the black was thinner, my for some reason there was spots all over it where the backing paper tore and had a thin layer stuck to the vinyl.

That is a classic sign of overcut. A little less pressure would fix it.

Yeah, I checked pressure prior to cutting more for them, I guess my soon to be 4 yr old was helping me out. Lol It was set to 120.