Sign in to follow this  
julie77

Graphtec Settings - see photo

I don't know if Graphtec tech is open today or not..  Maybe you could give them a call and see... maybe tech support is there.  I have not called since 2008...

I think I am gong to try USCutter first.  According to UScutters return/exchange policy I can return/exchange defective merchandise within 30 days of purchase.  I bought the cutter on June 11 so I am still within the time frame for exchanging a defective unit.  

Thanks again

I think I am gong to try USCutter first.  According to UScutters return/exchange policy I can return/exchange defective merchandise within 30 days of purchase.  I bought the cutter on June 11 so I am still within the time frame for exchanging a defective unit.  

Thanks again

Your welcome,    Too bad that Julie77 hasn't been back with an update on her Graphtec..  But she was back on July3..

Mz Skeeter.  A little development which I did not notice before mainly because my eyesight stinks and I am waiting for my new glasses to come in. All my corners are hooked a tiny bit on everything . Almost looks like the offset is set wrong.  I went and checked everything I had laying around with a magnifying  glass and it has been doing it since day one. Also happening on the test cut .  I never touched that setting and the cuter has been factory reset 2 times also.  I will play around  with the offset and double check the blade etc.later this afternoon when I get back.

Offset should be at zero

• Like 1

I think I have been chasing the wrong problems for the past few days. The pen plotter really threw me off.   I am pretty sure the blade tip is broken. I pulled out a magnifying glass and I also took a few pics of the blade tip  and it sure looks to me as it is broken. I wish I had noticed this earlier.  I read in another thread someone uses a loupe to check all their new blades. Sounds like a good Idea to me

The blade must have been broken from the beginning. I was very careful installing it.  And followed the instructions to the tee.  I attached some pics from my first few cuts from the cutter and all the marks are there.  My eyesight is not what it used to be and I did not know what I was looking for which is why I missed it . Now I know

post-86774-0-74000700-1404691772_thumb.j

post-86774-0-93482900-1404691782_thumb.j

post-86774-0-54126700-1404691792_thumb.j

post-86774-0-60907000-1404691802_thumb.j

Yes it sure is broke and that me that uses the loupe.  That will do it get a new blade adjust it correctly light pressure to start with and add as you need it one drop of oil in the blade holder and it should fix the problem...

A little update for everybody.  New blades arrived today and DID NOT FiX the problem :(. I was on the phone with USCutter tech support for over a hour and we tried everything -2 offset gave the best results but it was still bad.  I will say UScutter Tech support was awesome. I am going to be exchange my unit for a new one :D Hopefully that fixes the issue.

• Like 2

A little update for everybody.  New blades arrived today and DID NOT FiX the problem :(. I was on the phone with USCutter tech support for over a hour and we tried everything -2 offset gave the best results but it was still bad.  I will say UScutter Tech support was awesome. I am going to be exchange my unit for a new one :D Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Did you ever ask UScutter what the problem was, with the  Graphtec cutter that you sent back?  Did you ask if they got that unit working good? 

• Like 1

I have the same setup with zero issues.

Also I found a way to export or at least email files out of Graphtec Studio.

File, print, PDF options... select "email PDF"

You have to shrink the design in GS and place in the upper left corner of the page or you will only send a partial file. Works on my Mac at least