Sign in to follow this  
express2100

Back stabbed

Anyone have a clean eps of this? No idea where it came from or if I can use it. Just pulled off of the internet.

post-85196-0-06863400-1401998771_thumb.p

Took all of a minute to do this in SCALP. And the clock started when I saved it from this thread. A few more minutes, or another program, and it would've been perfect.

post-37957-0-96950400-1402246139_thumb.p

I have sent a few messages to the original artist on deviantart but haven't received a response. I would like the artists permission to use this piece.

Any suggestions on how to track down the artist?

:) funny Krow!! You bet your ars they'd find me. It's definitely much harder to do the right thing than it is to take credit for someone else's hard work. But I can sleep at night.

True. Easier in the Long Run and way more satisfying in the Short to just come up with your own.

I have come up with a few of my own versions as well but ....can I do this? can I legally take the idea and put my own touch on it for profit?

Firstly, I am not a copyright attorney. However, if you are using your own art and you came up with the concept yourself,

and you can prove it with related drawings or proofs, I would not hesitate to pursue it commercially.

(who can say where you got the idea... we all get ideas somewhere. Few ideas or concepts are completely original)

That all being said, someone with similar work can still come after you. Whether they are successful or not will depend on a number

of factors including, but not limited to, who has the deepest pockets and better attorneys.

BTW, this thread would be excellent evidence for the prosecution against you with the original graphic in question.

There is the matter of parody, though. Not really applicable in this example but it has to do with using another's work in a joke.

Thanks scarekrow.

Brings me back to the question... any suggestions on how I can track down the artist?

Is there a resource for looking up copyrighted artwork?

I'm leaving this alone until I find out for sure.

yes I left a comment there a couple of months ago which is STILL awaiting moderation.

Find me an active email for Anna and I'll send you a cookie :)

yes I left a comment there a couple of months ago which is STILL awaiting moderation.

Find me an active email for Anna and I'll send you a cookie :)

what kind of cookie? ;D   I might be interested..