Can anyone tell me where this wire is supposed to be attached to. I was cutting today and all of a sudden the up and down stopped on the blade. The cutter continues to go through all of the motions just does not go up or down. I opened the lid and found this wire just laying there. Any help would be appreciated.

post-85478-0-05848900-1401931454_thumb.j

is there a spot on that little board where it broke off?  next to the wire just like it - 

• Like 1

Yes, I found broken terminal with flash light. I touched bare end to terminal and it works perfectly. Now to solder (yikes, I can mig, tig, and stick weld very well but I can't solder to save my life) Happy I can fix without having to buy parts, sad because this is a brand new (3 months old) carriage assemble. I shouldn't break that soon if ever. I said it before if  there wasn't this forum and guys like yourself to help at all kinds of crazy hours, I would have booted this cutter years ago. A machine is only as good as the support it gets. Thanks.

• Like 1

That pic will be me tomorrow if I can't get the stupid solder to flow/hold. :angry:  Two things I admittedly can not do...solder and teflon tape on pipe threads. I think its my sausage fingers that get in the way. :rolleyes:

The key to soldering is using flux when you solder. Makes a world of difference.