express2100

Magnet corner cutters?

What are you guys using for "affordable" corner cutters? I'd like to hear your likes/dislikes.

I am just getting into door magnets and can't justify paying for a high dollar unit. Yes I have already hit the GOOGLE and search the site.

Thx

We have a small one and a big one. One's for magnets and the other's for signs. It's Cornerrounder by Lassco Wizer. Pricey though unfortunately.

I just use a metal washer to trace the radius and cut with scissors. The people who set the prices on corner rounders must be on drugs to ask that much.

• Like 1

Thats a pretty good looking rounder dakota.  :thumbsup:  For magnets I just use my wifes little craft cutter. Magnets arent' that tough. I want a Gnarly Bob rounder one of these days but I'm like most of the rest and fins other ways of getting it done. I keep hoping harbor freight will build one one of these days.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="360552" data-time="1401907577"><p>

I use the devil out of this one - does 2 different radius <br />

<br />

<a href='http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/rounder-crop-a-dile-corner-chomper-652073/'>http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/rounder-crop-a-dile-corner-chomper-652073/</a></p></blockquote>

Looks nice and a great name that's for sure. but I really can't tell how it works. I think a bench top one handled cutter like an arbor press would be ideal. One hand on the magnet and one on the handle until all four corners are cut....next.

Thats a pretty good looking rounder dakota.  :thumbsup:  For magnets I just use my wifes little craft cutter. Magnets arent' that tough. I want a Gnarly Bob rounder one of these days but I'm like most of the rest and fins other ways of getting it done. I keep hoping harbor freight will build one one of these days.

sign up for their email list and within a couple weeks you will get a coupon for 40 percent off also

Use the little toy/craft one from walmart. It's probably cut a couple hundred magnets. If it breaks, go get another one for three bucks.

• Like 2

Use the little toy/craft one from walmart. It's probably cut a couple hundred magnets. If it breaks, go get another one for three bucks.

Ditto. I've only bought 2 in 5 years. I stepped on the first one

• Like 2

Stupid Question, Why do you have to corner the edges? 

Do you need to or do the customers ask to ?  I have sold plenty of magnets and never once have i cornered the edges.. .. 

Thanks

Stupid Question, Why do you have to corner the edges? 

Do you need to or do the customers ask to ?  I have sold plenty of magnets and never once have i cornered the edges.. .. 

Thanks

if you don't they blow off easily, found lots of square cornered ones along the highways with prisoners picking up trash

if you don't they blow off easily, found lots of square cornered owned along the highways with prisoners picking up trash

awesome! maybe I'll start cornering them

Thanks for the responses guys! I will look into the suggested value options and maybe see if I can pick one up locally to start with.

I have been looking for more reasons to justify going full time in my sign shop (or what could be a sign shop) and have noticed there are a lot of vehicles in town with door magnets. Once I realized the potential profitability I figured it deserved a solid look at efficiency before I dive in.

Most of my research here has told me that the magnet rolls are the way to go however, my supplier sells the 12"x24" pieces at the same low price as a 12"x50' roll when you buy 10 or more. In other words you don't save buying the long roll. So I think I'll buy the pre cuts and keep them stacked flat vs. fighting with the memory of a roll.

Yes it would be nice if china freight >>>>> I mean harbor freight would come up with an affordable option for corner cutting.

I have changed almost exclusively to magnum magnetics .30 mil magnet - it doesn't get any better and no problems with it staying on like cheaper stuff and some cheaper stuff will actually weld itself to the paint if not taken off regularly like everyone should anyways.  don't want to have my magnet weld to anyones doors even if they neglect them

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys! I will look into the suggested value options and maybe see if I can pick one up locally to start with.

I have been looking for more reasons to justify going full time in my sign shop (or what could be a sign shop) and have noticed there are a lot of vehicles in town with door magnets. Once I realized the potential profitability I figured it deserved a solid look at efficiency before I dive in.

Most of my research here has told me that the magnet rolls are the way to go however, my supplier sells the 12"x24" pieces at the same low price as a 12"x50' roll when you buy 10 or more. In other words you don't save buying the long roll. So I think I'll buy the pre cuts and keep them stacked flat vs. fighting with the memory of a roll.

Yes it would be nice if china freight >>>>> I mean harbor freight would come up with an affordable option for corner cutting.

Yep, I buy my magnets 12x24 sheets by 10 of them at a time usually!   I have them stuck to the front door of my house LoL

I have changed almost exclusively to magnum magnetics .30 mil magnet - it doesn't get any better and no problems with it staying on like cheaper stuff and some cheaper stuff will actually weld itself to the paint if not taken off regularly like everyone should anyways.  don't want to have my magnet weld to anyones doors even if they neglect them

where do you buy them at?

last couple rolls was cheapest off ebay but I have to admit i may switch to the 25  ft roll as the 50ft are getting harder to carry to the basement

this is the guy I used last time

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x-50-roll-flexible-MAGNUM-BEST-QUALITY-Magnetic-sheet-for-sign-vinyl-/110814951980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cd15fa2c

Is New Force brand any good?

kind of like oracal, 3m, fdc - once I find one that performs exceptional I don't experiment - sorry, maybe someone has some experience with it

I'm thinking if I stop rounding corners maybe I'll sell more magnets to repeat customers :) Oh and God bless automatic car washes for they have gobbled up more magnet sets than I can count.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="360640" data-time="1401989860"><p>

kind of like oracal, 3m, fdc - once I find one that performs exceptional I don't experiment - sorry, maybe someone has some experience with it</p></blockquote>

ok I am confused. I was thinking about ordering magnet from these guys but I'm not sure exactly what I would be getting. The page states that it is "new force" but at the bottom it reads (Brand:Magnum) so wtf is it? Check out this link:

https://www.signsplusbanners.com/itemdetail-group.php?sku=SPMMAG0122410N&p=Cutting+Vinyls&c=Magnetics

For what it's worth, I ran my blade out, set speed to slowest setting and cut this in magnet material using my SC. Worked pretty good. I just don't do many due to wear on the machine.post-37957-0-59977400-1402154330_thumb.j