Sign in to follow this  
GRAFIKSolutions

SCALP Issue? -OR- MH-871 Issue? URGENT!

When I cut my designs out, or whatever I am cutting, when the blade is on ONE segment/shape, and about to finish cutting that object and move to the next shape in the design, the blade is cutting the shape, but not completing the shape and leaving a 1-2mm area where the beginning of the cut didnt meet up with the end of the cut, so when I go to weed the design out, i have to handcut that small portion to weed out the shape. Make sense? (See Attached Pictures)

I was playing with OverCut, and stuff like that, but none seemed to get it dialed in. I also noticed that when its going from one shape, to the next at the end of the cut the plotter blade moves from one object to the next REALLY FAST. Is there any way to SLOW this down? Even when the speed is on the lowest speed possible, it still makes no difference, and goes from shape to shape not finishing the shape cut and still moves too fast.

HELP! Thanks in advance!

post-86858-0-65757200-1401873537_thumb.j

post-86858-0-66428300-1401873552_thumb.j

Here's the first thing I would suggest ---- change to another cut manager and eliminate the possibility that the problem is software-related (if it happens again with a different cutting program, then it's a hardware issue, and something is going wrong on the machine itself).

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

overcut should fix that -- not sure what "things like that" would be as that is the the setting to make the blade pass by the end and go a little further.   two other things to check - make sure your blade is set correctly and NOT the 1/2 credit card as incorrectly stated in so many places - skeeter has posed 1000 times on proper way to do this, and make sure the cutting strip is not damaged from blade being out too far,    if all else  fails call usc for support in troubleshooting this - heck you are almost in their back yard!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. You get what you pay for I suppose. Im a diehard GCC fan all the way, and US Cutter makes me appreciate it that much more! lol Flawless machines compared to these throw aways. Their Tech Support is garbage too.

Thanks for the info. You get what you pay for I suppose. Im a diehard GCC fan all the way, and US Cutter makes me appreciate it that much more! lol Flawless machines compared to these throw aways. Their Tech Support is garbage too.

what did support recommend?

what did support recommend?

Nothing. I havent called them yet. Im speaking from past experiences with those retards. They are 0-3. Ill figure it out on my own lol

And Im almost 100% positive  its an overcut issue. Its just weird that its been doing this since it was delivered. Calibrated correctly. I know my plotters thats for sure, I just wanted to see what you guys had to say before I really got into it.

never had a problem with the mh-1351 once I dialed it in - so setup could be the issue.  but then again they changed the refines since then

• Like 1