Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingWear

? on Wet Application

Hello,

I am starting to work on my first banner. It is a 2'x6' for a wrestler to use at the merchandise tables. I am putting his logo in the corner of the banner and its 21"x21". Now its basically impossiable for me to do this without getting air bubbles or seams in the vinyl. I know that Rapid Tac would be the best way to go but Im wondering if there is something I could make here at the house in order to apply this wet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wrestling Wear

for 2 years this is what I have used with great success:

for a quart:

fill 75% with water. Add 2 or 3 good drops of dishwashing liquid.. I use dawn myself. Fill the rest of the bottle with RUBBING alcohol (NOT denatured). Shake it up,and go to to work.Squeegie it VERY well.

Guest fivestar

I've always just used straight water right out of the tap and have never had any problems.  I tried making my own brew once and it didn't work very well so it's straight water for me.

I have tried just soap and water and it worked very well for me. I use my mix when doing license plates and it works great. I did have to wait before removing the tape , but only about an hour. If anyone does license plates and has a t-shirt press I also used it. I let the press heat up just about 70 degrees or so and then pressed it. This small amount of heat and pressure helped dry it up. I let the license plate stay in the press for about an hour and then it was ready to remove the tape. I would play around with some of your trash vinyl and see how things turn out.

Best of luck.

Brent

fill 75% with water. Add 2 or 3 good drops of dishwashing liquid.. I use dawn myself. Fill the rest of the bottle with RUBBING alcohol (NOT denatured). Shake it up,and go to to work.Squeegie it VERY well.

I've used John's mixture, and it's worked great.

Rapid Tac @ works real good

It should,for around $30 a gallon. I've used it...couldn't tell any difference from my $1 a gallon mixture.

I am a beginner and you can bet I will try your blend for sure thanks for the info and I get a gallon for $18 but yes yours is a way better price

I am a beginner and you can bet I will try your blend for sure thanks for the info and I get a gallon for $18 but yes yours is a way better price

I have found it as low as $23 but add shipping and its $30. Not worth the money or the trouble to me. I use a gallon every two weeks. That comes out to $720 a year I save. That takes it well beyond just being cheap. $720 will buy me almost a tank of gas.

I have seen people say (on these forums) that saving a few pennies isn't worth it...well folks.. I'm just poor enouigh and work hard enough for my money that $700 means something. The sign buisness is getting harder every day and profit margins are dropping like Fats Domino falling through a skylight. The US dollar is worth less and less every day and anything imported,or anything made of petroleum is costing MORE. The last loaf of bread I bought was $2.79. A can of tuna that I was paying 39  cents for a year ago is nor 79 cents,and it goes on and on. I don't have a regular job with benifits and a regular paycheck to fall back on. Making signs is what I do.

THAT is why I make my own.

I agree with John. I am not 100% in the sign business...heck I'm not 25% in the sign businesses but I have owned my own business and I know that it is best to save all you can. You never know when you will need it. Just because you have jobs today does not mean you will tomorrow.

Just my 2 cents.

Brent