xpaperman

Phone case causing signal proplems?

I have one of the Galaxy S3 note phones.  Love it.  Bought a case from  the store I got the phone from when i bought the phone cause I know at the time there were no sublimation cases yet.  

When I finally got my hands on a sublimation case I made one up and put it on my phone.  I then started having problems with my phone.... It would no longer get 4g.  Only 3g..... I went back to the store and complained and got a new replacement phone.  

Was experiencing the same problems..... for some reason I decided to go back to my old phone case and problem went away..... put the sublimation case on and problem reappeared?!?!

Anyone else notice or have heard anything like this?  I am not sure if that big metal sublimation plate on the case could cause some interference or what.  One of the main things I wanted from my new phone was to be able to have a subbed case.  Now, it just seems to cause signal problems.

Just curious if anyone has heard of similar feedback from customers or anything..... I tried google and have found nothing on this.....

I just figured this out last week. My new 4g HTC One was only getting 1 bar on 3g. I thought to take my case off and now I get 4 G. The signal comes from the back of my phone. Im gonna get my dremel and cut out the back some. My wife has the iphone and her call signal sucks sometimes. She gonna try removing the case too.

A case with metal in it would most certantly cause reception problems. Anything between the antena and the open air will block signal to some degree, so even plastic cases can cause some signal loss, but not usually enough to be noticable.

I have heard of a few problems with this but very limited.  Make sure the insert is not metal (Use a magnet to test)  Just curious if you live in a remote area or are a long way a ways from a tower?

Looks like your area is prone to bad reception, not saying the metal insert isn't adding to it

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=75686&page=1

71 bad reviews and this is just the folks that took the time to write

post-2057-0-13302000-1401808186_thumb.jp

I have heard of a few problems with this but very limited.  Make sure the insert is not metal (Use a magnet to test)  Just curious if you live in a remote area or are a long way a ways from a tower?

Looks like your area is prone to bad reception, not saying the metal insert isn't adding to it

http://www.cellreception.com/search.php?zip=75686&page=1

71 bad reviews and this is just the folks that took the time to write

We do live kind of rural.... I realize that could be an issue.  It is well know that out here you have to use Verizon for the best service.  That being said, the phone and it's service is always good.  Never dropped calls and always good 4g service.  I notice that everytime I put on the sublimation case (got them from you by the way  ;) not complaining just pointing that out so you know exactly the product I am using)  that the 4g service switches over to 3g and it is a very sloooooow 3g at that.  I believe the metal in those is aluminum right?  I am assuming that big metal plate across the whole back of the phone must be the trouble.  Could just be this type of phone or maybe we are just on the edge of our towers range and it is enough to block enough of the signal to cause trouble. Or, a combination of both.

Was just curious of what if any troubles other might have experienced.

No problem and I don't remember how many you bought but if they wont work I will give you a total refund, didn't realize they were my cases.  My whole family has them from Puerto Rico to New York mostly iphones but no one has ever had a problem

The problems I have heard of have been with the Samsungs.    I think Arty had someone that was having trouble also.  I have had a iphone forever and always have many different cases on them  that I make myself and from Florida to NY have never had a problem.

I would think that the aluminum insert would have an affect on any phone, so maybe the area dictates how much it affects the reception.  As I look at my phone now  I have five bars?

no problems here - Dad was over yesterday and he was amazed he had 5 bars in my house (aluminum siding) - I chuckled and admitted I had an air rave in the basement so my own sprint station thru internet!

The problems I have heard of have been with the Samsungs.    I think Arty had someone that was having trouble also.  I have had a iphone forever and always have many different cases on them  that I make myself and from Florida to NY have never had a problem.

I've had only one customer have a problem with his Samsung phone case. I offered him a refund but he did not want it. No other problems with all the other cases I've made.

• Like 1