Sign in to follow this  
TorbenC

Contour cutting with Copam CP-2500 and SignCut

Hi

I just got my first Vinyl Cutter, a cheap Copam CP-2500 (To start with)

I Just played around with contour cutting, but I can't position the blade through the SignCut software - Nothing happens on the cutter, when using the arrows.

Does anyone have a clue why?

Regarding this video, and read other places, you can contour cut with almost any cutter:

The Video is using Flexistarter with contour cutting. Contour cutting is in the Flexistarter software program.  Not Signcut software like you stated    The Copam has no way of contour cutting, no laser, nothing.    You would need to purchase Flexistarter,10 which can be purchased for under $130 on the big auction site.  Flexistarter 10 records from the blade in the middle of each registration mark.

And your cutter is not a cheap cutter, it is more to the top of the line of professional stepper cutters. 

• Like 1

copam was my first good cutter - before going servo.  very respectable for the price

I have not been able to find a Flexistarter Trial - Would like to test the software 100% through, before buying another one :)

SignCut is good software. Your limitation is your cutter as far as the contour cutting goes. You can get close by manually setting it up but you will never get a real close cut. If you are trying out SignCut then call their tech line and see if they can talk you through the manual setup. 

I have not been able to find a Flexistarter Trial - Would like to test the software 100% through, before buying another one :)

There is not any trial version of Flexistarter 10.. 

SignCut is good software. Your limitation is your cutter as far as the contour cutting goes. You can get close by manually setting it up but you will never get a real close cut. If you are trying out SignCut then call their tech line and see if they can talk you through the manual setup. 

Im aware of that :) 

My problem is, that I can't move the blade through the software, to set the points. Don't know if it's a cutter problem, or software problem?

I think you set the points with the machine controls. 

I tried to do that, but when I started cutting, the cutter went back to it's original starting point.

Like I said I think I would contact SignCut support, they are totally awesome and will get you dialed in if it's possible with your cutter and their software. 

I will try that :)

Thank you!

But I can feel that I will buy a much better cutter soon, maybe a printer/cutter.. This was just a hobby-thing to help out some friends, but the demand for stickers, posters, banners etc., are extreme! 
The established companies in the area, charge some insanly prices, when you look at cost-prices and labours. $2800 for covering a trailer (2x5 sq. meters) with some simple logo and script.

Though this thread is old, I did find a kind of a work-around video for contour cutting using a Copam and Signblazer Elements (I can see the cutter he's using is indeed a CP-2500). It's a multi-step process unfortunately but does seem to yield good results. I warn ya, there is music throughout so watch muted for volume.