303Decal

Release Paper? Help Please!

Im new to the vinyl cutting world and so far its been great. But one thing that keeps me stumped is, if you have a large multi-color image your cutting.. Your going to cut one color at a time, and layer them appropriately. What if what you need to layer requires more backing paper? Are you suppose to waste a bunch of vinyl so you have the size backing you need? or do they sell the backing paper desperately somewhere?  

For instance a customer currently is wanting a wedding decal for the dance floor. Approx 48" long. 

Example; 

Someones name <3 Someones name

Marriage dates

Now the hearts inbetween the 2 names actually will sit behind both names, and down into the dates a little. Making the hearts LARGER than the text. Lettering is white, heart is red. So the heart will have to be layed first, then the lettering on top of the heart. I used to just cut and tape backing over sections that overhang, but im wondering if there is an easier way or even a place to order a roll of just the backing? 

Does this make any sense? haha.

Are you doing the install? If so just do the layering on the floor as you install.

I don't have anything that long at the moment or i'd offer it to you but as an FYI - A few of us that sell RTA keep our backing paper from big jobs just for this reason.  

Are you doing the install? If so just do the layering on the floor as you install.

No I currently dont offer install services. Havent got that part mastered yet to confidently do it myself. haha

I don't have anything that long at the moment or i'd offer it to you but as an FYI - A few of us that sell RTA keep our backing paper from big jobs just for this reason.  

I keep all my scraps for this reason but I dont have anything that large either. Looks like im gonna have to waste some vinyl to make it work :/ 

I would make an outline around the text and then punch it thru the heart. Then you could just put the heart onto the names. Just leave enough extra backing paper at the top and bottom so the heart doesnt hang off. Plus i think this way will make your design look alot cleaner.

post-7510-0-73231900-1401497552_thumb.pn