Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

weekend

no hitch yet but if you are looking for us some weekend camping camper will be the same with the graphics but truck is going to change (after they finally find the hitch mount I want)

post-2742-0-47348400-1407000906_thumb.jp

• Like 2

My camping these days country inns and suites if we feel like roughing it Days inn.

I agree on some of our trips but like to get out and do a bunch of hiking etc, if in a motel I tend to stay in or just go out and eat somewhere.  this way I do go for more walks, have my own bathroom and know what is on the floors/walls etc.  ever take a blacklight and shine it in a motel room?

• Like 1

I think that a camper is an excellent alternative to hotel rooms. Like you said you know exactly how clean it is.

I worked at the largest hotel in the Carolina's - from cleaning rooms to inspecting them.

My number one suggestion is to check and make sure your blanket is clean when you check in. They don't get changed as often as they should.

• Like 1

just found out from the manufacturer that they don't have and have no plans to produce the under the bed kit for this truck because you can order it from the factory with a special prep kit installed - wth - so if I and my auto sliding hitch it may have to have the in the bed rails again that I hate . . .  checked the other mfg of auto slider and looks like same story.  1000's of trucks are sold without the factory kit in them so why not make the brackets available?

They will but it'll be a few years before they have enough demand from those who buy them used and what the underbed added on. Dealer can't do it?

Nice wheels Scott even though I am a ford man I love the cummins ...

Had a ten wheeler back in the 70's as a part time job to my full time job  years ago with a Cummins  never any problems ...

post-2057-0-14407800-1407176008_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, didn't opt for the $8K option of the cummins - same 5.7 hemi as the last truck with  the same 3.73 gears - just this one is heavier and so far milage shows it - just now looking at standard bed rails for the hitch install (bummer) still going pullrite I think for the auto slider.   wiring harness for bed came in at noon and is already installed - stacey would have had a stroke watching me cut that big hole for the in the bed plug

I agree on some of our trips but like to get out and do a bunch of hiking etc, if in a motel I tend to stay in or just go out and eat somewhere.  this way I do go for more walks, have my own bathroom and know what is on the floors/walls etc.  ever take a blacklight and shine it in a motel room?

Oh i agree Scott a nice camper or motor home would definately beat a motel any day. I was refering to tent camping there is no way i could handle that now We thought of buying a motor home at one time but other things came up and never took the plunge we wanted to travel more as we got older and slowed down on work the old age has came but the slow down has not so far maybe some day lol

Dan, thought about the motor home but you still have to tow something to drive around when you get to your destination - this way I drop the trailer and have the truck and ever few years (10 in my case) the unit gets a new engine, drive train, etc.  not as easy to upgrade the drive train in a MH and they tend to sit a lot unused which isn't good for any  vehicle - just my way of thinking.   5er over travel trailer any day - I can hook and unhook in minutes - no sway bars, equalizer hitches etc.  now getting into the new truck is the chore - I need 2 steps  - I feel like lord farquaad mounting his horse!

• Like 1