Sign in to follow this  
tammy h

Questions Questions- Heat Press/ Cutter

I would like to buy a budget 16x20 or 24 heat press for ease of layout on shirts. I am going to start pressing more of my own and I struggle with lining them up visually on a 15". 

I would also like a smaller back up cutter that I can move... I currently own a sunie 15" clamshell and a Laserpoint .
I was approached by Pro-World on another forum about their $200 off press which would make it an attractive offer. If I bundled it with the GCC 24 it would be an ok price. My initial thought was a Gecko or a wold-paper heat press (no reviews that I can find) and another laserpoint II in a smaller size (2 seats of SCALP).

So my questions are: 

Does anyone have comparisons between the GCC expert 24 and the USCutter Laserpoint? Is the GCC 24 a little more accurate (their claim)? I am currently having a few issues with my laserpoint - mainly on long cuts. Tracking is SO SO and I have to re-adjust consistently. It randomly from time to time will start cutting a long line on the edge of my vinyl during a graphic. All of this is recent and it's a little over a year old. 

Does anyone have experience with the Pro-World heat press in comparison to the Gecko or wold-paper? I like the world paper features (auto open etc.) for the price. But I can't find any reviews anywhere. I have a sunie and the pressure knob broke early on so we adjusted with the bolt but now that isn't working either. I use it but put fleece under it to get the pressure I need. I emailed them about the problem with no response.

Thank you in advance for the advice!!!