Sign in to follow this  
Rickdod3

Titan 2 Question

Hello Folks, 

I am new to this forum but I have been doing a lot of research on cutters/plotters and I figured I would ask some people with more knowledge! Currently I am using a Vinyl Express R31 (piece of junk but it does the job decent) I have been looking into the Titan 2 with a servo motor. My main goal with this cutter is to get better/cleaner and more accurate cuts than I am now. My R31 is decent for the price, but I get a LOT of tearing of the vinyl, and I cannot cut any curved letters or small detail worth a damn. 

So my question is, do you think the Titan 2 would be a good choice for me? My price limit is around $1100 max, and currently the Titan 2 with the servo motor is on sale, I can actually get it for under 1100. Ive been doing vinyl work for several companies for the past year and I think its time for me to take the next step in improving my product and production. 

Thanks in advance!!! 

-Rick 

Definitely a major step up from the red sail you are using. The servo Titan is a great cutter. If you are using ve-Lexi I even had the Titan 2 working with that by adding a file to the program!

• Like 1

Definitely a major step up from the red sail you are using. The servo Titan is a great cutter. If you are using ve-Lexi I even had the Titan 2 working with that by adding a file to the program!

Oh really? I don't mind the VE LXi Expert software, but then again thats all I have used! lol I do however know that it will not work on my Windows 8 desktop so I've been using it on my ancient laptop with windows XP. 

Essentially I need to learn a LOT more about cutters, software, etc. I got into vinyl cutting by accident actually...I was doing online marketing work for a company called CT Sounds and one called Execution Audio, and I was asked to start making decals for the company so I purchased this r31 on a whim. Everything ive learned so far has been by trial and error, I do about 2,500 decals a month for both companies and it takes me quite a while with this cutter. Hoping a new one will do it faster and more accurate. Saving me time all around! 

I just got a Titan 2 a few weeks ago and LOVE IT!!!

I upgraded from a 6 year old LaserPoint that had the same issues you are talking about.

I managed to get it working with SignBlazer (which I love!)

I have already made enough to pay  for half of the Titan and I only do limited work on the weekends.

the time I have saved in weeding has been tremendous and the face that it is a true USB connection is great.

I'm running SignBlazer on Windows 8 and do everything from my laptop now - no need for a second computer with a serial connection.

I say do it!!!! You will be so happy to have a real cutter.

• Like 1

I was in the same boat as you. Just got my titan two last week.

I was using my cousins R31 with same software, every time I would go over to cut stuff he kept going one about the downsides to the R31 and kept having to make the decals larger due to the limitations of the cutter. I finally started looking at other cutters, saw the Titan 2 servo on sale earlier this month for $1100 and though it was a good price. Then it dropped for $1033 and I couldn't pass it up.

The first cut I made I almost fell on the floor. Couldn't believe how accurate the cut was, any test cut on the R31 made the worst looking square in the world, my cousin spent days of trying to dial the R31 wasting a lot of vinyl, to get it decent but not perfect. Titan 2 cut perfect the first time.

I have cut some lettering less than 3/4" in height with no problems.

Oh and it’s so quiet!

I got use to LXi and how easy it was to make multiple copies of a design and cut, Sure Cuts a Lot doesn’t seem as easy to me but I’m still figuring it out. I design/edit in AI then import into SCAL and cut.

For the current price I don't think there's anything better!

I just got a Titan 2 a few weeks ago and LOVE IT!!!

I upgraded from a 6 year old LaserPoint that had the same issues you are talking about.

I managed to get it working with SignBlazer (which I love!)

I have already made enough to pay  for half of the Titan and I only do limited work on the weekends.

the time I have saved in weeding has been tremendous and the face that it is a true USB connection is great.

I'm running SignBlazer on Windows 8 and do everything from my laptop now - no need for a second computer with a serial connection.

I say do it!!!! You will be so happy to have a real cutter.

Fantastic! Thank you for your suggestion. Like I said I believe its time to upgrade, I do a lot of side work besides the stuff im contracted to do but I'm highly limited on the things I can do with this cutter! 

I was in the same boat as you. Just got my titan two last week.

I was using my cousins R31 with same software, every time I would go over to cut stuff he kept going one about the downsides to the R31 and kept having to make the decals larger due to the limitations of the cutter. I finally started looking at other cutters, saw the Titan 2 servo on sale earlier this month for $1100 and though it was a good price. Then it dropped for $1033 and I couldn't pass it up.

The first cut I made I almost fell on the floor. Couldn't believe how accurate the cut was, any test cut on the R31 made the worst looking square in the world, my cousin spent days of trying to dial the R31 wasting a lot of vinyl, to get it decent but not perfect. Titan 2 cut perfect the first time.

I have cut some lettering less than 3/4" in height with no problems.

Oh and it’s so quiet!

I got use to LXi and how easy it was to make multiple copies of a design and cut, Sure Cuts a Lot doesn’t seem as easy to me but I’m still figuring it out. I design/edit in AI then import into SCAL and cut.

For the current price I don't think there's anything better!

Glad to see I'm not the only one that struggles with the r31 lol I too am highly limited by its abilities. I'm a graphic designer by profession, so it kills me having to alter my designs for this cutter to cut them semi accurately lol. It will be fantastic to be able to cut out a image how I intended it to look originally. 

• Like 2

Love my Titan2. Love it. Love it! Did I say how much I love it??

• Like 1

It's because of BannerJohn that I ordered mine! If he says he loves it it's gotta be a good machine!

By the way BannerJohn - stop being so shy - tell us what you really think  ;D

• Like 2