Sign in to follow this  
chipperi

eBay issues??

Is anyone else's eBay sales flat line after their password fiasco? eBay is my main revenue stream and I went from a dozen or so sales a week, to nothing.

my sales always slow down the last week of the month.

I go through this all the time. You have to keep track of your averages per month to get an accurate picture. My high selling days are Saturday and Sunday, late at night. Lately, I've had Mondays and Tuesdays where I don't have a single sale, but tracking my sales monthly, I'm actually doing better than last month. Don't pull your hair out just yet, lol.

My sales have slowed over the last 2 weeks. I figured the warm weather is keeping folks off the computer.

our other businesses are feeling it too. retail and online sales slow down this time of year unless you are serving graduates, brides or summer vacation planning

I've been cutting for 2 years or more and just this past week I decided to try my luck on eBay. That's why your sales are down. Not because I'm getting your sales but because my luck is so bad that it's contagious. Lol

• Like 2

ebay is starting to get frustrating... not just selling wise but now there is too much BS with them... wish there was another site that had their traffic.... its all money money for them and more headaches & fees for sellers... i like how when they were hacked, it took how many days for them to send out an email.... also seems like when i do decals auction style... about 25-30 percent dont pay and u cant even leave negative feedback on... but some buyers leave negative feedback too easily.... i had one guy put a hold on the paypal transaction cause he didnt have the decal right away... it was the 3rd day and was in the mail to him when he did it..

When this was posted we were still doing a high volume of sales however this week has been a different story.

Sales & promotions don't seem to help either. 

ebay is starting to get frustrating... not just selling wise but now there is too much BS with them... wish there was another site that had their traffic.... its all money money for them and more headaches & fees for sellers... i like how when they were hacked, it took how many days for them to send out an email.... also seems like when i do decals auction style... about 25-30 percent dont pay and u cant even leave negative feedback on... but some buyers leave negative feedback too easily.... i had one guy put a hold on the paypal transaction cause he didnt have the decal right away... it was the 3rd day and was in the mail to him when he did it..

Change your setting to immediate Payment only you may lose a couple sales but its great not to have those every day ...

But what you can do is set up your unpaid item reminders to be sent automatically. Mine go out 24 hours after they click buy now. if they don't pay within 5 days of that, they get an unpaid item strike on their account, and I get my selling fees back. I also have my store set up so that if you have ANY unpaid item strikes, you cant buy from me. I've had a few disgruntled customers message me, but I just say "If you can't pay when you purchase, why are you even shopping?" Nobody has a good answer for that, lol.

I personally don't make the customer pay immediately because then they cant combine their purchases in my store to get free shipping after buying 2 or more items.

I personally don't make the customer pay immediately because then they cant combine their purchases in my store to get free shipping after buying 2 or more items.

Well I give free shipping on everything I just add it into the price of the item and they think they are getting a deal...

• Like 1

Some people buy without paying hoping you ship it first. many scam artist are on ebay taking their chances and hoping to score freebies. I get about 1 non payment a month.  Ive notice for me if they dont pay right away i never hear from them again.

they aren't nearly as irritating as just had another one shipped priority that the post office didn't scan it locally and not scanned at sort facility so I had to reship a $100 - no scan - no insurance and after a week customer expects items

Well I give free shipping on everything I just add it into the price of the item and they think they are getting a deal...

I do that as well but there is a limit to what you can charge in relation to what other people are selling it for, before you start losing sales.

I'll sell a 3.99 sticker and offer free shipping. if you want to achieve top rated seller status, 90%+ of all your transactions need to have tracking, so theres 1.93 to the USPS

then ebay double dips with paypal fees (paypal is owned by ebay) and then ebay site seller fees. so that $4 sticker can quickly become less than a dollar profit after material.

Theres more than one way to skin this cat, the two or more items is what I have found that works best for me.

Im using ebay to build funds for my own site.   And will prob keep using it until my own site starts getting decent traffic.  Hoping to launch in March 2015.  Good thing about already working full time is having no pressure for the decal and shirt business to take off.

Good thing about already working full time is having no pressure for the decal and shirt business to take off.

I used to be like that, but it can burn you out real quick. I have found after taking the plunge and taking my business full time, the pressure is the driving factor to going out and getting more sales and coming up with new products for my store.