Didn't want to hijack an earlier thread.

I had a guy call me on saturday asking me to put graphics and lettering on 2 gokart bodies he is working on for his son to race. Has anyone had experience working on gokarts? It seems like it will be a fun job. Any advice? or pics of jobs done?

I did some decals for a friend using 651 and they fell off after a couple of days even after a good surface cleaning. I read somewhere that running a blow torch over the plastic could help so we tried that. It seemed to help but I'm not sure how long they will last because he smashed it to pieces a week or so later during a race. Haha. I'm interested in others experience, tips and tricks.

If you are applying graphics to low energy plastics i.e. dirt bike fenders & go kart pannels, regular vinyl will not bond well at all. the plastic is smooth to a microscopic level so much so, that the regular glue on any standard sign vinyl can't "bite" into the surface.

You need to use specific low-energy glue viny. Hexis VCR is an awesome product for that, but as far as I know it only comes in printable white.

Ewwwww I'm not liking what I am hearing here guys. I was planing on laying 651.

Did you ever get any where with this? I have raced karts for over 20 years. It depends on what type of body work it is and for what type of kart. We race dirt ovals, most if the body work is fiberglass and 651 is fine. Even the few that are plastic are okay for 651 except for on brand, M & M's "tuff" body. It is very flexible and dull looking, similar to a outdoor plastic trash can. They can be troublesome. Road course type karts use what is called CIK style body work which sounds like the other posters here are referring too. They to can be troublesome because of the type of plastic they are made of. Hope that helps some.

My son and i have been racing karts for a couple of years now,our kart bodies are fiberglass and have had no problem with 651.post-25249-0-60292300-1404401600_thumb.jpost-25249-0-37281800-1404401638_thumb.j

Hey guys, I haven't been able to do these yet. He is still working on them. He's a pretty close friend so I don't expect the job to go away but he is taking his sweet time. I'll update you when something actually happens