jhandel

Plot then cut with the SC (or Laser markII

Hello,

I am looking to get a cutter mostly to act as a plotter so that I can print out clothing patterns drafted on a computer.    I was wondering if I could use the contour features of the SC (if it actually has it, I feel a bit confused about that)... To first plot out a pattern, then go back and cut the pattern out... Specifically I would be just plotting on and cutting paper.

Thanks in advance for the help

Josh

-- Historical clothing tailoring hobbiest

any plotter can print the pattern with a pen in the knife holder -but to cut the paper you would need a BIG carrier sheet as they are not made to cut all the way thru the material into the cutting strip - you will damage the strip and blade by continually doing that without a carrier and I have not seen one that big - I am sure someone will have an idea though

Ahh thank you for the good point...  I can cut my patterns out if need be.. Its not a big deal to cut them out (not like I don't do a lot of cutting anyways) just looking to let the computer do that for me if it could..   I'll look into carrier sheets for long cuts.. 

Can the SC do contour cutting like this?   The software supports it, but the instructions for the SC don't reference contour cutting or a laser at all.

Josh

not sure you are looking for contour cutting - just regular cutting - contour is where you print then cut by registration marks -sc doesn't support that according to usc and lp2 is manual registration mark setting unlike a roland that is auto - but then you would need a big printer if you are looking to do more than just plot the lines with a pen as I understand you want to do

Ya from where I am sitting...  I agree.. the Contour cutting question/confirmation was more an added value question....   For what I am doing I'll probably go down to the MH as what I am looking to do I can probably hack a way to do with it.. That or go up to the LaserMark II so that I can do contour cutting from printouts on my printer...    looks like the SC, being half way between those two isn't quite a fit for either my minimum need or longer term ideas.

Thanks

I would go at least the sc - mh can be  problematic if you do a search on them - 

• Like 1