gcextreme

My first screen print..

Had a customer wanting some can kooizes...instead of doing all them with heat transfer vinyl, my bud Shawn (mopar) invited me to his shop and gave me a lesson in screen printing.

He has a really nice setup and lots of cool tools.

He already had the screen prepared we just had to do the logo and expose it..then cleaned it. Then we got it set up in his rig with his special jig for koozies.

He did a few and explained it to me..then i did a few and he watched over me and gave me more advice and pointers...

Im very happy with the way they came out. We did 36 koozies double sided...and took about not quite 2 hours...would have taken me much longer to do HTV.

Here are the orange ones...we did blue, red, pink, and two shades of green.

20140526_181017_zpssaaohty_edit_14011460

• Like 3

"Did the logo and exposed it" what we have done when the screen only had to last 50-100 uses and was only 1 color is we cut the logo out of vinyl and applied it to the screen and did our screen printing and then removed it to use the screen another day. By the way your koozies came out nice.

Donn

• Like 2

"Did the logo and exposed it" what we have done when the screen only had to last 50-100 uses and was only 1 color is we cut the logo out of vinyl and applied it to the screen and did our screen printing and then removed it to use the screen another day. By the way your koozies came out nice.

Donn

I do this on most 1 color jobs under 100 shirts unless they are very detailed but I take it to the next level by using a newman frame and just tossing the screen when done. No prep, no cleanup, just profit. Coozies look great and it's something I've been wanting to try for a while.

• Like 1

Where did you get the coozies. I am looking at getting about 100 but want somewhere to get multiple colors mixed if I can.