Sign in to follow this  
ShePlays2Win

How do I create a Monogram?

I am new to the business of vinyl and have someone wanting a car monogram.  I felt reasonably sure I could create this after watching a video on Youtube, but SCALP does not have all of the options that she is using to modify and crop the image.  Can you create a circle monogram in SCALP, or am I going to have to invest in another software to do it?

What exactly are you wanting to add to it, a simple circle with letters in the middle? SCALP can easily do that. You might have to look around for various scroll designs to do a more elaborate one, but most can easily traced in SCALP. Also, signblazer has several templates, and it's free software.

After I put the letters in the circle and get them into position, the video tells me to crop it and the excess letters around the outside go away.  I cannot find anywhere to "crop" out the excess.

I don't understand why you'd have to crop anything. Get your letters and circles in position, then click the preview button to see where your cuts will be made.