TSR6

Shadow & Outline cut question

I am working on my own race car number, and have both an outline around the number, and then a drop shadow all created in signblazer.  The problem I am having is that the cutter will cut the outline & the shadow as two sepperate entities, when I really just want it to cut the entire black layer as one item.

How do I go about doing this in signblazer?

tykite -

give me a few hours, and I'll be able to post an example of what I'm working on.

Basically I went and made a number with the Text tool.

Then:

Manipulate > Exapand/outline/inline > (Choose Outline, Keep Original, 0.00 offset & 0.03 thickness )

Then:

Manipulate > Shadows.. > ( Shadow 1, Block shadow ) then set the shadow to be drop right shadow.

When the cutter cuts, it will cut the outline & the shadow seperately

Maybe I'm not following you right,but if you wanted the outline and shadow to be cut in the same color you could have made the shadow the same color as the outline,or just went back and made them the same color.

if you are just wanting to cut 2 colors at once after you're in the cutter window,hold down the control key while you select the 2nd color.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,1449.0.html

Here's a link where Bruce explained how to cut more than 1 color at a time using the registration marks to line up your layers.

I couldn't look at the files - the forum wouldn't open them...  but I do see the first two thumbnails.

I understand it and am about to cut with the changes you gave me. B)

ill let you know in 2 minutes if its what i needed (which i have no doubt it is )

I got the images to download finally..

OK.. I'm pretty sure that those directions aren't going to work, unless I followed them wrong.

That still went through and cut both the outline & the shadow.  I really need to make the shadow and the outline both be "one"

Attached is an image of what im trying to do... ( different font & style but same basic idea since i have SB DEMO on my laptop... and SB for cutting on my desktop thats not connected to the internet..)

I only need/want it to cut around the outside of the black.  I'll layer the yellow on top of that...

post-2038-12986517265458_thumb.jpg

post-2038-12986517279755_thumb.jpg

Im uploading a cell phone picture of the finished product right now...

This is it....but the black still has cuts for the outline within the shadow. B)

post-2038-12986517265761_thumb.jpg

post-2038-12986517279892_thumb.jpg

if you open the bigger file, you can barely see the cut lines in the black in the sun reflection..

I'm with you now,I couldn't get them to weld,then I moved the 3 an the 6 out,selected the outline and shadow,weld,that got rid of the outside line of the outline,then just moved the 3 an 6 back in position,not sure if there is a easier way but it works.

I'm at home now, but I will have to try that in the morning and/or post the signblazer file from there.  I'll be sure to bring a jump drive in the morning.

I'm at the shop.  I'll have the signblazer file posted in a few minutes...

Manipulate > Exapand/outline/inline > (Choose Outline, Keep Original, 0.00 offset & 0.03 thickness )

Manipulate > Shadows.. > ( Shadow 1, Block shadow ) then set the shadow to be drop right shadow.

The way I did it was move the 3 an 6 out of the shadow,selected the outline and shadow an clicked weld,moved the 3 an 6 back in position.I'm not sure if there is a easier way,I couldn't ever get just the outline and shadow selected til I moved the text out.

Tykite was right on with the weld.

36...SBD

36...SBD

In about 20min, i'll check it out.  I'm just taking a quick break from a multi-layer 28 x 15 project - so i cant close open the file right now.

I would think there would be an easier way though...  oh well.

Todd -  Thanks!!  That worked.  I'll have to try your process on my file.  I hate doing that though - there's gotta be an "easier" way than to move the numbers out of the shadow & outline...

I'll post pictures once I get the car vinyled.  It'll be within the next couple days.

I cant get just the shadow to change it changes everything to a solid color when I change the color Is there something I am doing wrong there was a turitol the someone from signblazer did on this but cant seem to find it again.

You may have to take the outline and move it to the back if it's changing the whole image to the color you selected,or your not just getting the outline selected when your changing your color.You can click wireframe and see if just the outline changed colors or all of them changed.

To put color to the back,click arrange,click put to back ,if it don't do like your wanting it to click undo until your back to where you started.