jfronk

Need Help Please

Hello all;

I am trying to make some decals for my granddaughters color guard team, I am using the attached image to make new color guard decals. I have spent the entire day trying to make this and have fell flat each time can someone give me some pointers on what to do? I am using Signblazer

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

post-83940-0-57780200-1400705231_thumb.j

• Like 1

To clarify, are you making that exact thing or similar look for a color guard team? 

I am making new. Similar only decals for Color guard and cheer leading teams

Type the word BASEBALL. Go to the distort feature distort and size it to your specs. Add the word "mom". and you're done.

• Like 1

Hi, glad to assist.

1. Match the fonts ---  Mom is "Brush Script"  and BASEBALL is "Compacta Bold"

2. Place an outline around Mom, and make it white. (Manipulate menu -- Expand Outline -- No Offset)

3. Group the outline with the text for Mom, and "put to Front" (Arrange menu)

4. Play around with Distortion (Manipulate menu) until BASEBALL looks the way you want (Bezier distortion)

I would like the word Mom to cut through the larger word.  (Mom ) to cut into the word Football, basketball, Color guard, etc.

Don't remember the exact steps but basically you want to put an outline around Mom, then puntch it through the other word, then delete the outline.

Thanks so much for the video, that makes it so simple. I was doing it all wrong and making it harder than it was. I knew I could find some one that would know what to do. I am learning so much from this forum. a big thanks for all.

Jfronk