lakewoodlettering

Mugs, Black has brown especially on the edges after sublimation. WHY?

When I have full coverage mugs. mostly black I am having some places coming out brown,  Around the edges.

Is it TOO much heat / time or too little/

Have been doing 375 F. for 245 seconds. 

Maybe it is just my press.

Thanks

George

Is the paper burnt? If not  it may be the trouble I am having. The heat and time were off. Well mainly the heat I use a Rosewill oven and found it did not get to 400 deg even if it is up to 460 on the dial. If I take the time to 20 min and do it, it is fine. Mind you this is not a heat press though.

Not hot enough and the closer you get to the handle the worse it will get. If you need to do full prints you may have to invest in mug wraps and do them in the oven.

• Like 1

I stay 1" away from the handles because any closer and I have issues. Been wanting to try a full print and stick the heat gun in the end of the mug to help even out the heat. Might just work.

I stay 1" away from the handles because any closer and I have issues. Been wanting to try a full print and stick the heat gun in the end of the mug to help even out the heat. Might just work.

think you would have to heat the handle too but not sure - the bottom and handle act as heat sinks pulling the heat away but it might work if you can keep it about 400 degrees overall and not make hot spots

The not making hotspots could be the problem. Consistency is not a heat guns strong point

Found a way to help this,,, During the last 75 or so seconds, I take out the mug, turn it around and keep on pressing.  My cheap press won't press close to the handle on one end. CHeap Chinese Junk,   

• Like 1

Found a way to help this,,, During the last 75 or so seconds, I take out the mug, turn it around and keep on pressing.  My cheap press won't press close to the handle on one end. CHeap Chinese Junk,   

Quick fix, my first mug press was a cheap chinese from the big auction site, same issue. bought a $20 infared temp sensor and found that the temp in the press was 40 degreese hotter than what it was saying on the control panel.

Along witht he cheap construction, you also have to contend with the un-even heating across the contact surface.

My suggestion, You can get a decent sized convection toaster oven, and 5-10 mug wraps for less than the price of a top of the line mug press, and be able to out produce the mug press with the same exact quality.

• Like 1