Sign in to follow this  
bryceismad1

Copam CP-3500 intro help

Hi guys I just joined the forum and the vinyl cutting world and I had a few questions so if you have a chance could you help out a newbie

just a couple of questions

1. I have the Copam CP-3500 I bought from a yard sale however I cannot get it to install right do I need specific drivers ?if so can you point me to a download link or page I have windows 7 64bit.

2. I have been looking around and see now I need to also have cutting software like flexi cut I was wondering whats the best software and do I have to have the software that costs$300.00 or can I get away with something else I have adobe illustrator CS6 and inkscape 

3. what vinyl do you suggest getting and how can you tell quality of it.

Thanks for your advice in advance 

looking forward to getting into the world of vinyl 

drivers area available from usc and signblazer is also as a free download and supports the copam - just go to the support section and download them

signblazer hasn't been updated since the owner Jerry died unexpectedly 7 years ago - many many do still use it as it was way ahead of it's time.  for more functions several of us paid for flexi pro but not many people buy $2500 + software starting out.   if you design in illustrator then buying flexi sign for cutting is a great option

I love it - I actually use a private labeled version ve-lxi-master plus 10.5 - cost $500 as opposed to 2500.  main difference is the one I have doesn't include the rip feature for wide format printing but I use versaworks for that anyways so not an issue for me