DNA_Vinyl

Price...may be more than I can chew.

So remember this sigh?

Well...He gave me an order today. I large order fore me. Maybe not some of you but..

He wants 100 of these, 5x5. Im still trying to figure out if maybe $450 is too much or what...I mean that's $4.50 a sticker...thats not terrible.

Now I dont have a printer/cutter...I have to layer all these by hand. Is $450 good?

Thanks fellas...

post-72594-0-93871500-1400504890_thumb.j

Might look at subbing it out so someone that has a printer.

Sub it to a printer and pocket the profit. Dakota has done great work for me on decals this size and I put the profit in my pocket while doing other things.

• Like 2

Hard to price without knowing print cost. May be good, may be a little high just depends on actual cost.

Well I mean for me doing it. I think it would be a good learning expreience.

It'll be a good learning experience. The problem for me is it's worth more than I can charge because I'm competing with everybody else doing print work. If your happy at that price then that's all that really matters and I have done things like that and now I look back and ask myself what was I thinking but it was a learning experience,

how big is this?

even with 100 of them, at 12x12 this seems a little low to me.

depending on how you are doing this, you still have to weed, mask and cut apart 100 decals.

don't forget to account for the time it will take to do this. as well as the cost of the masking (transfer tape).

we just priced out 200 16x20 at $12.00 each.

unless you have serious competition i think i would go closer to $5.50 maybe $6.00?

just my $.02

if you want that clear part not to be white than it is going to involve all the weeding anyways no matter if it is printed or cut so with that i say cut them.  That and being you install on the inside of the window all you would see is the gray adhesive on a printed one so again cut them.  st 5" x 5" I would have been about double that for 2 color.   This is where you dig deep and just get it done - you already sold it so you have to do it now.  If printed with a white background there would definitely be profit in you to sub it out though

• Like 1

if you want that clear part not to be white than it is going to involve all the weeding anyways no matter if it is printed or cut so with that i say cut them.  That and being you install on the inside of the window all you would see is the gray adhesive on a printed one so again cut them.  st 5" x 5" I would have been about double that for 2 color.   This is where you dig deep and just get it done - you already sold it so you have to do it now.  If printed with a white background there would definitely be profit in you to sub it out though

while i agree with you on the weeding, if it was printed he wouldn't have the layer it.

as it is now, he has to put three colors together on 100 decals. 

That's gonna take a couple hours at least.

while i agree with you on the weeding, if it was printed he wouldn't have the layer it.

as it is now, he has to put three colors together on 100 decals. 

That's gonna take a couple hours at least.

It is installed on the inside of the window - if printed the under side is going to only show the adhesive . . . .not the color

if you have the ability to print white as the last layer - the color needs something to show against or it doesn't pop.  here is a sample I did for someone to show just that

cutme has a printer that prints white but hasn't been around in a while . . . 

top pic is with white background - glass is just printed on clear.   same decal

post-2742-0-70687500-1400512061_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-18145900-1400512109_thumb.jp

Im not installing them at all. I believe he's handing them out or something. I dunno. Thanks for all the input guys. It really help.

Factor in the cutting, weeding, and layering.  I think you'll make a SOLID $5 an hour. 

Seriously this is going to take a LONG time to do 100. 

You'll have to layer them in small batches or else the layering will be off just alittle bit. 

If he's just handing them out, do yourself a favor.  Sub it out to a printer, make alittle money and get your experiance some other way. 

Work smart, not hard. 

• Like 2

Mmmmm.....

I was thinking I'd start with $500 and work from there.

Id do 5 a day. He needs 25 by the 1st which is do-able, and with memorial day coming. Id have all day & weekend.

Still thinking about it.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to diss anyone who prints on here, myself included,

but before we got our printer we used sugarhousebanners.com for a lot of our printing.

They give wholesale prices and are hard to beat!

I just priced out 100 5"x 5"clear w/ white decals intermediate.

$97.00. +shipping.

You should seriously look at getting them printed somewhere.

• Like 1

He wants 100 of these, 5x5. Im still trying to figure out if maybe $450 is too much or what...I mean that's $4.50 a sticker...

Don't call them "stickers" - call them decals - it makes them sound more expensive...  ;D

• Like 2

Try cutting one or two and see what time it takes total per decal ....that will give you a better prespective of the time needed and the profit margin possible.

• Like 1

If you do them for $4.50 apiece, I'm selling my equipment and subbing out to you!! LOL  Seriously though, three colors, plus the size of the black, plus the added materials AND the labor.........

• Like 2

Ok, we had a little chat.

He's going with 50 at $5.50 a pieces.

Not bad!

I'm not trying to diss anyone who prints on here, myself included,

but before we got our printer we used sugarhousebanners.com for a lot of our printing.

They give wholesale prices and are hard to beat!

I just priced out 100 5"x 5"clear w/ white decals intermediate.

$97.00. +shipping.

You should seriously look at getting them printed somewhere.

Im going to make sure he doesnt see this thread. :)