DNA_Vinyl

Price...may be more than I can chew.

I really like these discussions.  Being new to this it, helps me tremendously!  Thank you.

Oh yeah, these guys are awesome.

4 down!

Im going to do 4 or 5 a day.

Not bad.

Ill post up a nice picture of all of them when Im done.

• Like 2

4 down!

Im going to do 4 or 5 a day.

Not bad.

Ill post up a nice picture of all of them when Im done.

Just wondering how long per decal?

Just wondering how long per decal?

Well. If I do it by myself from the time I hit cut to the very last layer...Id say about 17 minutes give or take.

Now we got a little system going, sort of. I'll cut like 8 or so bring it all over to my brothers house around 10pm, he weeds them out, I pick them up the next day after work and drop off more. Then I just assemble them. I did 8 last night about about an hour plus. So it's going ok. It's frustrating ass hell being that I'm still new to the game of vinyl layer.

:)

post-72594-0-17407400-1400846449_thumb.j

• Like 2

that though is how we get better - repetitive practice.  you will get better and find work flows that are more productive by doing this

• Like 1

If those are going on the inside of the glass they need to be cut the other way... just say'n

MM64 B)

• Like 1

If those are going on the inside of the glass they need to be cut the other way... just say'n

MM64 B)

Ha no not these...I cut 4 then and freaked out and call my customer in a panic. Nope, hes handing these out or something.

that though is how we get better - repetitive practice.  you will get better and find work flows that are more productive by doing this

This is exactly how I feel about it. it's a lot for my first semi big order so I wanted to take it on.

• Like 2

I wouldn't do this for $450 if you have to cut vinyl and layer each one. You're cutting three times and layering three times for each decal. I usually do $3-$4 each on orders of 100 and those are just single color decals. No way would I do a three part layering job for the same price. Just my $0.02.

I wouldn't do this for $450 if you have to cut vinyl and layer each one. You're cutting three times and layering three times for each decal. I usually do $3-$4 each on orders of 100 and those are just single color decals. No way would I do a three part layering job for the same price. Just my $0.02.

Im doing 50 for $275. Not to bad Id say.

• Like 1

Just curious.....Why are you having your bro weed them? How much are you paying him?

Good question. 

I could weed 8 of those in less then 5 minutes. 

Just curious.....Why are you having your bro weed them? How much are you paying him?

His name is Derick. He;s the D in DNA Vinyl. So...

He get a 1/3 of the money. :)

anyone on here print white?

Not trying to hijack, but  for the future, if anyone runs into this issue, I now have the ability to print white on my new versacamm VS300i and would be happy to help

I would like to thank everyone who voiced their opinion and helped me out on this. It was a big job for me and it was quite the learning experience. What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, right? You guys sure help out a lot. Thank you!

• Like 1