Sign in to follow this  
AAndrews19

Oracal 8810 frosted glass help

I have an install coming up at a local bar, using the frosted glass vinyl. I was playing around with it today and was having a lot of issues with air bubbles. I was applying dry, without any transfer tape. If anyone has any tips to help for a clean install, please let me know!

I have an install coming up at a local bar, using the frosted glass vinyl. I was playing around with it today and was having a lot of issues with air bubbles. I was applying dry, without any transfer tape. If anyone has any tips to help for a clean install, please let me know!

I've done wet app and dry app...rarely get bubbles with the frosted vinyl...but I've never done it without transfer tape...I'm sure that's what the problem is.

On Oracal 8510, Action tac works great- i highly recommend applying wet. I have done a few windows (my home) and years later no bubbles. Once i tried dry and got bubbles.

I didnt use backing tape, these were just full sheets.

I haven't installed any yet, but everything I've read says wet wet wet.

So far the only frosted glass vinyl I've installed was cut letters and shapes vs. large pieces and I was able to do those dry without any problems using standard paper transfer tape.  This was with 3M material, not the Oracal...

Finally got my ht55 tape in, and applied wet with no major issues... but man is this stuff a PITA! Looks good though, will post a pic when I get a chance.

I did my front door.  I did it wet and with no app tape.  I normally would use app tape but because of how the door and window is....app tape was not going to work.  No issues.... came out great and no bubbles.  There is a thread here somewhere with the pic.