Poot25

Vinyl Mastrr V4?

Just remember that their tech support is slower than the mail so patience is a requirement if you need assistance but from my experience once I got them on the ball they went above and beyond even remoting my pc and writing new code for my cutter to enable polling while I waited,

• Like 2

If they had better support (been there), I'd buy the top version, today. But they don't. Now according to Shawn Morel ( owner VMP), on the phone,, they are sitting there, just waiting for a support question to come in? Don't like a F-ing liar, either.

• Like 1

30 days before they got me right but like you said if they got their act together on support they'd be a contender with any other company out there geared toward vinyl.

Polling is a feature that let's the cutter tell the software how big the vinyl is. Not all cutters have it but your graphtec does.

You'll never learn it overnight. I've been at it since 07 and I learn stuff every week.

• Like 1

I TOTALLY understand...but I'm a LOT older than you are now...I don't have THAT much time....I FINALLY found something I think I would LOVE TO DO NOW!!!

I  wish I knew how much I  would love doing this when I was 20 years old, and NOT 53  :'(

Got 14 years on me that just makes you old enough to be my older brother. My closest sibling is 13 years younger than me and he thinks I'm ancient.

Nope he discovered drugs last i heard. time will tell and I have a sister 16 years younger not much better. I guess from their view I am an old fart.

Apparently but working stiffs have something cooler, money

• Like 2

I TOTALLY understand...but I'm a LOT older than you are now...I don't have THAT much time....I FINALLY found something I think I would LOVE TO DO NOW!!!

I  wish I knew how much I  would love doing this when I was 20 years old, and NOT 53  :'(

Easy now. 53 ain't that old. 

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Then again, my wife tells me I'm still 5 years old. Oh wait, she says I ACT like a 5 year old.

Works for me.  :lol:

• Like 3

Easy now. 53 ain't that old. 

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Then again, my wife tells me I'm still 5 years old. Oh wait, she says I ACT like a 5 year old.

Works for me.  :lol:

Dirt, I know...and just wanted to see if the "older" times would bash me for saying that! BUT NOBODY DID!!!!!!!!!

btw, I'm younger than you....my wife said I act like a 4 yr old ;) !!!!

• Like 1

Just began checking into the VM products and STILL comparing. I'll be 63 in Dec. and still learning (a lot from here on this forum) THANKS to Skarekrow, Jaybird, and all others here!!

Did they ever fix the polling issue? I remember reading that it didn't work out of the box and support was very slow.

It took a month to get my polling fixed but they did finally get to it

• Like 1

I see where on ebay you can buy vinyl master pro version4 for 299.00 with full license.

I also seen it for $475.00 on line at Vinyl master site full version with one license.

My question is the one on ebay for $299.00 with full license can you buy an additional license.

The vinyl master pro online for $475.00 you can buy an additional license I think for $275.00

On 12/4/2016 at 6:51 AM, Donnie said:

I see where on ebay you can buy vinyl master pro version4 for 299.00 with full license.

I also seen it for $475.00 on line at Vinyl master site full version with one license.

My question is the one on ebay for $299.00 with full license can you buy an additional license.

The vinyl master pro online for $475.00 you can buy an additional license I think for $275.00

Donnie,

I'm no expert on VinylMaster at all (know nothing except that I like what I've seen of the software in videos on YouTube) but in looking at your question and "doing the math" given the numbers you've posted, it works out cheaper to buy two separate licenses at $299 each (total of $598) than it does to buy one "online" pro version at $475 and an additional license at $275 (for a total of $750). Difference being a savings of $152 buying two full licenses on eBay.

Am I missing something here?

I think what he's wondering is if he can buy the $299 off eBay and then purchase an additional license for the $275 at some later date should he need a second one. 

Yeah Wildgoose that's what i mean. I do this with my cnc machine I design in my garage and save it to a thumb drive

then take it down to my shop. The only difference is with vectric software i don't need another license for another computer.

This is why I would have to buy another license from vmp because you can only have one license per computer.

My understanding is you can DESIGN from any number of computers, but can only activate the CUT function on one.