Poot25

Vinyl Mastrr V4?

Glad to hear that... and the vectoring engine does seem to work very well,

Just haven't used it too much yet.

It has a few small things I hope to see improved.. overall... I give it very high marks.

You haven't happen to found a way to change the cursor from all black, have you?

It is imposible to see on a black surface. Changing to wireframe mode is the only way I have found around it.

They should have made it with a white outline.

Skare will it cut from multiple pages/artboards? If so that would be interesting.

Oh yeah... It's got a different space altogether for me to organize my files.

Multiple pages per (proprietary) document and click only what you want to file save and the rest

of your objects will just sit on the sidelines. It's got me rethinking my already Decent file system.

You can cut and save just what you click no matter what's on the rest of the pages and,

theoretically, just have one file for each client or project.

The fact that this software will do the entire progect from creation to product is a boon I plan to exploit.

There's no dongle or internet required either. I feel the price is more than reasonable for what you get.

(Now probably a good time to mention,

I have no affiliation with VinylMaster or their parent company, blah, blah, blah.)

the krow

The vectoring tool is way better than Inkscape! I am loving this new software

Was playing with the Vectoring module a bit last night...

Wow... It is way better than Inkscape!

On the left, a trace in Inkscape. On the right, VinylMaster.

Vm holds the detail much better.

post-43059-0-30826100-1403613981_thumb.p

• Like 1

You've almost got me convinced to try the demo. That came out great.

• Like 1

I think 'm going to try the demo if for no other reason that to check this thing out. Problem I have is it's evidently not mac compatible. I still have a windows laptop although it does the bluescreen thing any time I let it update. 

Yeah... I'm pretty skittish of updates, too. There has to be a darn good reason before I consent.

You've almost got me convinced to try the demo. That came out great.

I'm right there with you......  

I'd love a piece of software where I can design, cut from, and save as one file. 

skare - Does it import all forms of vectors?

That's one thing I hate about Flexistarter is it doesn't import SVG files. 

Yes, Imports and exports all the major types... Someone send me a corel file and I'll give it a go as well.

Has it's own, proprietary format for saving multi-page docs and masking and the like.

It will open photoshop files and save pdf's, as well.

Heck, it even does (what is it?) dxf files for engraving.

edit... Here are lists of what it will Import (left) and Export (right)

post-43059-0-74334500-1403638197_thumb.ppost-43059-0-86659100-1403638203_thumb.p

I was concerned before purchase about the 'Beta' status of svg files, since I have 1000's of them.

I was assured by support they import & export just fine. And they do. I haven't had the first hiccup.

I wonder If I can convert to dxf so I can cut files out of metal on my day job with our cnc plasma?

Well, I made the decision when my subscription to Sign Cut expired to buy this. I am more than pleased with it so far but I am no expert like some on here that use this kind of software all the time. The learning curve does seem smaller but that may be from starting with inkscape and signcut first.

Having a background in Inkscape will be valuable Butch. It's a good partner with this software

in that they play well to each others shortcomings. In fact, the 3 main reasons I was looking for something

else was Inkscape's clunkiness with text and SignCut's high price (for what you get) and Internet needs.

I've been satisfied with the Pro version but if you do sensitive print work, you may want to look at the Xpert version.

• Like 1

I just got the pro ver, I have to say I love it! I got mine off ebay for $229.00 

Well damn....  I might have to get it.  

I'd love to be able to do everything from 1 program.  I'm tired of designing in inkscape and saving to bring it into Flexi.  

Then when I notice I problem I have to do it all over again to get ready to cut it again.  

That was the full version of Pro.They reduce the price from about $248 to $223 about every 2 weeks. It is back up to $248 now.

A side note you can buy the full version as a "CROSSGRADE" for $220 from an online store. I won't name the store here.

A crossgrade just means you are upgrading from a different software. It can even be Corel Draw. They don't ask for any

proof,but I think we all have products that qualify.

That was the full version of Pro.They reduce the price from about $248 to $223 about every 2 weeks. It is back up to $248 now.

A side note you can buy the full version as a "CROSSGRADE" for $220 from an online store. I won't name the store here.

A crossgrade just means you are upgrading from a different software. It can even be Corel Draw. They don't ask for any

proof,but I think we all have products that qualify.

I see a price of $299 to crossgrade.   

Yes, Includes free updates and lifetime support.

They also offer a discount if you want to move up to the Xpert version.

The website offers the Pro version for $30 a month... think I saw it on flea-bays for about the same suscription.

You can buy the Pro online at a discount. It's priced much higher (retail) on their site.

Again, no affilliation... just a satisfied customer.

• Like 1

Been playing with the demo and...... DAMN.   

This was SO easy to do.  post-69458-0-04709900-1409465270_thumb.j

I do very little with raster images but with this program it's capable of doing this.  

I deleted the background and contoured the image.   

I wish I could cut some of my work with it but you can't with the demo.   

It's going to take some getting use to but its packed full of useful stuff.  

The meter is strongly going in the direction of purchasing it.  

A question for someone that's been using it. I have a graphtec CE6000-60 Is there a way the software can detect how wide the vinyl is like in Flexi?

I like this feature because it prevents me from cutting outside the wide of the vinyl.  

Thanks